Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Moogle1's NEW best game ever
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sew
Just here for looks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Moogle1's NEW best game ever Reply with quote

Moogle1 FINALLY wrote to me again.. And boy the things I could, but can't tell you.

All I can tell you is that Moogle1 is working on his best OHR game ever, and that he really wanted me to tell you guys.

So, I did..

enjoy..

~Sew
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy. If Moogle floods the market with any more awesome plotscripted games, EVER WILL I EVER FIT IN?!?!?

But good to see hes still alive. Err... so he does a computer down there or something, or just planning?
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He isn't allowed to use a computer for anything but email, so he probably is just planning.

When is his mission up, by the way? When is the 2 year mark? Aaaah I must know!
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

July.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pooh. That's only half a year before I leave. Eh. Oookay...
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're leaving in a year??
...speaking of which, i might take absence from here for a while...

just to stay on topic.
I'm glad moogle1 is still interested in the OHR and is still planning in a future game.
(coz just recently, an old friend of mine <who introduced me to the OHR> decided to come back to the OHR and make her own project. she said she's not interested in joining the forums though, so we contact through MSN)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next July? Hes already been gone for 1 1/2 years? Whoa. How time flys.
Sew
Just here for looks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the lifeless have no time.

And yes, his game is just in planing. It's a remake of an older game of his, but I swear if I say anymore he WILL kill me..

~Sew

(It will be good, btw. =p)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fyrewulff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already know what it is. And it's going to be as bad as the first version.
Eggie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... Moogle1. Heard his name. Finding out a little more about him each time he is mentioned. You see, I like moogles, so I think I might like him. And is he makes the best OHR game ever, then we better keep it that way. There should be no competition. It should stay that way, so there is no confusion.

So I am looking forward to his return. He seems huge. I'd like to meet him.

Fyre- Haha. Man you are so damn unique, and sometimes it's right awesome! Big grin
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, He'll have competition...

*Leroy looks up and grins evilly.* :flamedevil:

I too have been looking forward to a possible return. I knew "of" him for a while now. Minnek was his friend for a tick, I think; and since I am a friend of Minnek's; let's just say I looked over his shoulder while he looked at and made posts on other message boards LONG before I actually participated in them... Kinda... I don't actually know Moogle1, so I would like to meet him, heh.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fyrewulff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggie wrote:
Hmm... Moogle1. Heard his name. Finding out a little more about him each time he is mentioned. You see, I like moogles, so I think I might like him. And is he makes the best OHR game ever, then we better keep it that way. There should be no competition. It should stay that way, so there is no confusion.

So I am looking forward to his return. He seems huge. I'd like to meet him.

Fyre- Haha. Man you are so damn unique, and sometimes it's right awesome! Big grin

unique in the fact that I'm the only person around here, apparently, that doesn't get hyped up on "the best idea ever that I haven't started on yet". Moogle1 only made one good game (Sheep Rancher), the rest of his games are half baked or just outright sucked.
sephy99

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your insight, perhaps you could grace us with it more often.

While many of moogle's games never really were completed (outside a select few) it is undeniable that he was the first person who even bothered to try and create a working tactical battle system (athough it is rather sluggish) while many people simply talked about how cool it would be to see one. I can't say that what he contributed game-wise was revolutionary, but what he accomplished with plotscripting certainly was.
Me
HI.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fyre, working on a game does not start with firing up custom.exe and making text boxes, or booting up the compiler and coding. Even though Moogle1 has no access to a computer for game-creation use, he can still plan out the game. And those are teh best games - the ones that are preplannd and thought out before they are actually made into a game.
Now, out of the games I have played of Moogle's, I dunno about your statement. Scary Game 1 and 2 were pretty fun for me. I didn't get bored after playing them for a while, like I do with most games on the OHR. The thing about Moogle1's games is the fact that, even if they weren't that good in an overall respect, they did incorporate some previously never seen gameplay tecniques. And that, in my opinion, is enough of an accomplishment to warrant hype over his games.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle never made the best game for the OHR, and the 'best game' is purely opinion wise. That's why there's confusion.

No! The last thing we need is no competition for best game. The more competition for that place, the better.

A remake of one of his games? You might as well give it away.

Makes me realise I've been here for 2 years...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: