Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

And the Winners are...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: And the Winners are... Reply with quote

In simulation:

1)OHR Date
2)DEER HUNTER XXX-TREEM
3)OHRadius
4)Project 'C'
5)Smokey Mcgoo's Grand Adventure

In enjoyment:

1) OHR Date
2) DEER HUNTER XXX-TREEM
3) OHRadius
4) Smokey Mcgoo's Grand Adventure
5) Project 'C'

OVERALL:

OHR Date MASSIVELY sweeps the other contest games, possessing a 21 point lead! Incredible, folks.
In second place is DEER HUNTER XXX-TREEM! Gotta admit, the intro was great, wasn't it?
In third, is the tile based movement shoot em up game, OHRadius! Definitely worth a pixel based version for improvement! A THIRD PLACE WINNER IS YOU.
In fourth, is Project 'C' with its insane flashlight MADNESS!
And in last, but nowhere near least in OHR standards, is Smokey Mcgoo's Grand Adventure! Next time, NEVER touch a garden gnome unless you want its AXE USING WRATH RAAAAAAAAGH!

Okay, sorry, I'm really cheesy.

Congratulations, Shadowiii. You killed your competition with your incredible game.

Though, the rest of you, all of your games were incredible. Not a single game in this contest was bad. Thanks for entering, guys. You've made this an excellent experience for us all.

I had fun with this contest, and look forward to the next 528 hour session you guys have!

Congrats, guys. I love you all. Crying
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A WINNER IS YOU

Though seriously, excellent work everyone. And I can now start working on the pixel movement version.
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a relief, yet not a suprise. Anyways, now I can finish up the work on SmokeyMcGoo's "EXPANDED" Adventure. Seems I did this with my last contest entry. Oh well. The expanded version will be hopefully bug free and I may need a person who had the game lag as a volunteer to help with testing.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the game lagging is probably the ram of the computer's fault. i really didn't experience any in my play through.
Me
HI.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, this contest turned out way better than I expected it to. When MCW first announced it, it seemed to be right at the wrong time, directly after the do more with less and human day contests. Directly after the announcement were the dual anti-contest requests from . . . from . . . two people, I forget who. And still, we had five entries, almost six, and all of them were incredible games. The only reason I disliked any of them was most likely due to the inherent problems with the OHR engine, not with the game itself. Like Smokey McGoo. I couldn't stand playing it, but that was exclusively because I couldn't get past the lag and inaccuracies. If I had disliked the game itself, I wouldn't have gone back and tried playing it five times again and again. Same with OHRradius.
Great job, everyone. Incredible job. And a big hand to the community itself for actually VOTING. Now to just get off my own ass and actually vote in a contest I am not required to vote in.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHH CRAP! HOW COULD I LOSS! I blame my playstation for letting me down : (

Ok, you all got lucky this time but next time... I'm likely be show just as large an amount of laziness as this time.

I think Project 'C' was under rated from the simulation point of view, but I suppose its not too surprising as most of the contest period was gone before many people realised what it simulated!

FL: Awesome, a complete recode ought to kill all those bugs and the lag at the same time.

I am now most interested in seeing Sephys game if/when a demo comes out. I'm not even up to a compilable code-demo of mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: