Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

new self made menu and battle system(s)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
T-Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Did you know that you could make a really professional looking fighting game with the OHR?

No you can't. It'd be too slow and inaccurate to be professional. The collision detection would be fraught with bugs, and as MCW said, poor sound.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well looking, possibly, but not well playing. For one, speed will suck. That is unaviodable.

The collision detecting would indeed be hard. But as I see it, theres no reason why someone who can code a perfect 2D collision detecting system in C can't do one in HamsterSpeak.

If you do make the system, you will just have to forget about sound effects- no hope in the world.

Anyway, I see no problem with having only 20 items. Its more realistic than the standard 255 or what different items x 99.
mamoru
Jack the Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... i have a small update. About the spell system. You will be able to have a maximum of 6 spells set at any given time. There will be far more spells than this, you'll just only be able to have 6 that a character has learned on at one time. You'll be able to switch them out in the menu system from the spells screen. That's all i have new for right now.
mamoru
Jack the Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pissed off! okay... the code is giving me some problems in some areas, however, most problems so far have been fixed... oh, and cacti, once the source code is finished and usable in my game, i WILL be releasing it for the community to have their hands on. the entire plotscript WILL be commented on in certain areas so that people who want to tinker with it will know what all each part did... (i.e. the hero movement in battle and menu setup using all those npcs and all) because even now, it's very confusing to me if i don't write out what i'm doing in a given space. anyway, that's all for right now. oh yeah, and the items have been boosted up to thirty you can hold at a time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: