Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

How to shoot a laser outside of battle.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cube
Dimensional Traveller

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, because you don't understand the Zelda thing, I would assume you're not too familier with plotscripting at all.

So, before you even TRY something like this, I would suggest you make a game with more simple stuff in it, and learn about all the commands. Learn about variables for one, that's probably one of the most important things. But really, take a look through the ENTIRE plotscripting library and see what you CAN do with plotscripting.

If I were to post a script which would launch a laser from where the player was standing, you wouldn't know what the heck the script was doing, and wouldn't learn a single thing. And anyways, because it's not entirely a simple task, it'd probably be numerous scripts and you'd have to use them in the right places.

SO, go learn more plotscripting. There's no point in having someone GIVE you the solution, because one thing leads to another and you'll NEED to know how to do this stuff yourself. I can give hints though. You'll need to find out how to make a NPC appear in front of the hero by using the hero's X, Y position, and the direction the hero is facing. Also, you'll need the NPC to be set on some sort of movement and some way of finding out if the NPC is coming in contact with someone else wheither it be a wall or another NPC.

And so, I'm gonna close this thread now since there really isn't any need to have it open anymore. Yes, it IS a thread and not a forum. A forum is something that contains threads and threads contain posts by users. I hope I've given you enough information so you can get a start on things.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum