Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

What I Would Like to see in the next OHR update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was about to say that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSH357 wrote:
James: It might just be me, but that doesn't seem to work in battles. I've always used that outside of battles, though.

Testing it again...

Nope, still doesn't work.

D'oh! You are right! I gotta fix that.
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for this for years, but since we're talking about updates we'd like to see, I'll request this again:

I would really like to have a feature that allows us to turn off map names using plotscripts. There's nothing worse than creating a cutscene for a game (or using the black space from an indoor set) where the hero is hidden and having to read the map name as if the hero walked there.

For example, when you trigger a swtich inside a cave that opens the door outside, I don't want to see the map name for the outdoor section when my hero is still inside, even though I (as the player) need to see that the door is opened. So that's why I want to see this feature implemented.

Please, please, PLEASE implement this as soon as possible.

And the ability to add experience and write hero levels using variables would be nice too.

I'd also like to see quotes for clues, such as: “Always the best choice for all of your slime-training needs.”

And while we're at it, I'd like for those who seek the truth to search the place where an old man and his dog sleep before taking on an impossible mission.

The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

Currently Updating: Chapter 2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More usable only once NPCs would be real nice. I know a 1000 is a lot, and I make my games conservatively to use all of the maps humanly possible. But there are times I think 1000 usable only once NPCs won't work out. I don't know if you can, but this would be real nice.
no_shot
Surpasses you in poetical prowess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see 3-D graphics rendering capabilities, the ability to play multiplayer RPGs online, mouse support, and stereo sound or else I'm moving on.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably too much to ask, and not possible with the way the graphics are coded... but at some point in the future, I'd like to see a program that can tranfer sprites/tiles/walkabout sets and palletes from one RPG file to another without overwriting the current sprites all at once.
RedMaverickZero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's not an update to the OHR. But maybe a well explained tutorial of various different scripts that would save some people some time to code. It would come in great handy to make minigames a lot easier.
lethal255
Don't just complain, do something about it

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, wut I would like to see changed in the OHR is really just a bug. When you use the "when key is pressed" script call on your maps, and you have a resonably large script for it to go through, it over loads the script buffer when your holding directional bottuns to walk. This could have been reported to james already, but w/e. If it waited for you to move to another grid space befor it preformed the task, it would make things work much better, especialy when creating npc's.

"you mean, there's...a ...black stormy?"

"No"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Uncommon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solution: make your script smaller
Solsund
Prosecutor of Pathetic Programming

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenrir-Lunaris wrote:
It's probably too much to ask, and not possible with the way the graphics are coded... but at some point in the future, I'd like to see a program that can tranfer sprites/tiles/walkabout sets and palletes from one RPG file to another without overwriting the current sprites all at once.

Fenrir: It's not quite ready yet but I'm almost to the point where I'll have my demo program able to export all the graphics from an OHR file. You could just export what you wish and then import it into a new OHR file, which is a lot better then just copying the whole picture file, itself.

It won't be able to do it directly, but that's not a bad idea for the future. I do have it setup where I could open two .RPG files at once if I so chose.

I grabbed a picture of the dialog box I finished coding last night. It's all ready and setup to save pictures, as soon as I have the actual bitmap writing code done.
I hate to say it but the dialog box has a better setup and better controls than the rest of my program. Really confused

I'll have my son for the next few days so I'll be very busy with him but possibly later in the week I'll wrap up the exporting code.

BTW, the current version uploaded doesn't have the dialog. I'm waiting to have it all fully functional before I upload it.
Dan the Man Entertainment

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see four layers of elemental bitsets.

Instead of just strength and absorb, I would like to see weakness, absorb, strength and immunity. That way, certain things wouldn't have to be both strong and immune to an element.
KainMinter
*~*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see character name variables work in attack descriptions the same way it does in text boxes.

Cheesey Example:

This way you could do in battle events using blank attacks and still have the ability to rename your character from the start.

Also being abel to change a characters name using plotscripting would be nice. ^^ Like to change it to or from "??????" on the fly if you needed to.
Not a big priority though =)
Uncommon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Course, to be able to rename a character with plotscripting, Hamsterspeak would need to be able to handle strings.
That would always be nice.
RedMaverickZero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smarter enimies. Or at least more freedom in what enimies do. Like, the whole spawning thing, maybe make it so that you can make an enemy do a certain attack with a similar scale. Like on Fire Attack enemy does a certain attack. I don't know if that'd be difficult, but it would certainly make it better to make strategies for bosses and enimies.
RedMaverickZero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to double post, but I had a killer idea and didn't wonna forget it. Alright, an ability in the OHR to jump to a coordinate on a map. Because it takes forever on big maps to hold the arrow keys and scroll down to the part you want to be at. I think lots of people who work with huge maps would appreciate this a lot. And it would save everyone some time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: