Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

I feel dumb for asking this but how can I...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob360
Rusty Vet

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: I feel dumb for asking this but how can I... Reply with quote

make a script run when i equip an item such as a piece of clothing.... (i really should be able to do this)
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want sort of an immediate thing, have a keypress script that checks to see if you have it (and if it is equipped run whatever you want to, of course), and set the 'if key is pressed' thing to whatever ESC's scancode it. I've tried it before, and so long as suspend player isn't on the key-press script will activate immediately after the menu is cancelled, because the menu takes priority. Or you could just set it to an on-key press or on-step. It doesn't really matter...

EDITED FOR IDIOT TYPO
Bob360
Rusty Vet

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem with that is i would have to put that script onto every map Pissed off! . Do you think it would work to have it so you can only equip it through the items menu?
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a tad annoying because you wouldn't be able to see if it was better or worse than your normal armor. So, what's the problem with putting it on every map? You just... set it to the script for those maps... if you already have a key-press script, it can be incorporated into it. I don't see the problem... it would take several minutes tops to set in every map.
Bob360
Rusty Vet

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks and i think i have got it figured out.... im going to have it display a textbox that will have the option to equip or not and the textbox will tell what it will do you stats
A hundred pound man could beat a 300 pound man
-Bruce Lee
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also do it in the description of the item, if you made unique pictures for the stats, like Fenrir did for FFH.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That, or you could just use the item from the items menu, attach it to a text box, and attach a script to the text box like this:

Code:
script, Put some clothes on, begin
force equip (hero:you,slot:your body, item:equipment)
end

That should do it, too!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: I think i got it Reply with quote

It works great now... all the equipment has to be equiped through the items menu and i renamed the Equip menu item to Equipment...
its cool! now when you equip things it alters your walkabout and stuff so thanks lots

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazes Battles Inc. wrote:
So, what's the problem with putting it on every map? You just... set it to the script for those maps...

the problem with that is simple battle scripting (all three different battle sytems)...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum