Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Game List
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Game List Reply with quote

The game list is fully operational. I'm still working on adding reviews. We are in the process of adding the games from O:OHR that have a downloadable file and a screenshot, or have a review already posted.

To upload a game to our game list, you must be a registered member on the forum. Adding and editing games require you to be logged into the forum. This requirement will also hold true for reviews, once implemented.

Since most of the users of the O:OHR games are not yet registered on our forum, their games will not be link to a profile. If you're game is listed, please e-mail me the full game name and your member name. I'll update the gamelist and profile accordingly.

If you encounter any problems while using the game list please send me an e-mail. If an error message does appear on the page, please copy and paste, then send it along.

On a side note, you may have noticed the time is off on the forum. I don't know what the problem is. I do know the server time is set (although the server is located +10 hours from me in the UK.) If your date and time is correct, or might now how to fix this please tell me. The best setting I found was my local time but the date was set 1 day forward. I'm looking through the code to see what I can do to fix the error.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the game list is becoming quite big, is there any plan to cut the list into more manageable parts?
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there most definitely is. I've already added the "find all games by author" link from member profiles.

I'm working on a search page which will load before the gamelist. It's just such a huge amount of code it isn't done yet (well, that and it's one of about 5 huge blocks of code I still have to write.) Hopefully we'll be seeing a more customizable game list in the coming week.

I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will it be like the old one (seperated by first letter) or are you going to keep this design?
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely keeping the current layout (although I still don't like the descriptions showing up.) The search page will allow you to:

• turn off screenshots
  • organize the gamelist in different ways (like the memberlist)
  • limit how many games show up on a page (multiple pages)
  • keyword search the gamelist
  • limit by first letter (i.e. all games that start with 'A', or all games starting from 'F' to 'H')
  • search by author

I might add more features as needed

SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about "Show all games with reviews"?
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, actually, I'm finishing up the "Review List" code right now. I could put that into the search function, but it would be repetative.
Castle Guard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone possibly upload a copy of Magnus onto the archives? I've been looking for it for quite some time.

Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done and done.

Thank you Chaos Nyte.

Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The searching code is basically finished. I've got everything working. Now I just have to make it look nice. The search page will definitely be up tomorrow.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get past the first page on the gamelist. I get this:
Quote:
Warning: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'AND'., SQL state 37000 in SQLExecDirect in D:\websites\resadmin\castleparadox\castleparadox.com\web\cgi-bin\db\mssql-odbc.php on line 117
Castle Paradox Forum Index
General Error

Could not obtain ranks information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'AND'.

SELECT * FROM phpbb_gamelist WHERE overall_score = AND development_stage = ORDER BY game_name, author_name

Line : 303
File : D:\websites\resadmin\castleparadox\castleparadox.com\web\cgi-bin\search-gamelist.php

That's just with Go to Page #. Next Page doesn't do anything.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you caught me updating the gamlist at 12:30 - 1:00. Sorry. There wasn't anyone on, I figured it would be a good time. Not all the code had uploaded yet.
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, primitive game list searching is up. Click on "Search" and scroll down. Just a side note, if you leave "Number of Games per Page" blank, all games will appear on 1 page. Leaving everything blank will give you the original gamelist.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you make it so it shows only games with downloads available?
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be adding that, along with screenshots, letter restrictions, i.e. from A to G. I'll also be adding sorting, i.e. sort by review count in descending order. This is simply the primitive search, releasede early since the need for it was there, more to come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: