Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Third Annual Epic Marathon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a friendly reminder, you have one week left to get your base files on the game list, and two weeks left to get your official contest version submitted. Good luck, and submit what you have, even if it's incomplete.

If in the event you dropped out, but had time to do a little bit, just release what you have and make a note in your document where it ends. You won't do well in the score running, but at least you can say you contributed. That is unless you plan to finish it later.

For those who do have something to submit, don't forget to mention the era and year that your game takes place. Definitely write it in on your game's description when you submit it, but try to include it in your text files or game itself if you can remember to do so.

And that's it. Have fun.

The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

Currently Updating: Chapter 2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an ignorant question, but by "base files" do you mean the actuall RPG file? Can I just submit a screen shot and readme file to the name on the game list for now and submit the actual .rpg file next week?

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather you submitted the game file to show that you have been working on it. I know that screenshots are capable of showing that, but they're not capable of showing that you've actually been spending time on it. In other words, I would like to see as of December 23 that you didn't start throwing something together on December 22. The whole reason why I give some ridiculously long deadlines is because I tend to think people will use the length to their advantage--though I've been proven wrong before.

Plus technically, December 23 is the deadline for the games, I just allow an extra week for contestants to polish their bugridden messes or to throw in that gimmick that's been keeping them up at night because I'm nice. That's why December 30 has been marked as the end of the contest.

If you don't especially want anyone to see the game until it's been bugifxed, etc., then I'll permit a screenshot and text file only, but I'd appreciate it if you'd at least explain your reason for not including the base file (which incidentally is the game file).

And on that note, you guys have 48 hours as of this moment to get those base files up...or until I check the game list sometime Saturday.

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am turning in my first file to show the people of Castle paradox that I have a little taste.

http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=709

Read the BEFORE_YOU_START document too. It's awesome!

Mynorety is spelled Mynority in this version. I don't know if I will change it or not. I recognize it is spelled differently, but that could be a change made during this particular time.
All and all, that's it for you right now, but you can get the hang of battles and the intorduction of the story is there. There is a definite ending, and all that, so no worries.
version 1.2 will pick up where this version left off... At the beginning. HO HO HO! Not seriously. :p

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Rogue" is misspelled "rouge" on the title screen.
Psychopath yandere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, yeah. I've really slacked off the past few months, so this is all I have right now.

http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=680

I'll have more by the 30th. Sad...
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=710

The real release date for the game is tomorrow. I can't recommend playing it tonight. Though the parts of the game that are currently accessible are finished, I've blocked off many of the interesting battles.

I recommend reading both included files before playing.
Trailblazer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Hurhur... Reply with quote

Sorry, but I'm sticking with a simple game profile at the moment. I don't see any sense in spoiling what I have in the form of a bug-ridden mess.

That's always been my nature, unfortunately. Raspberry!
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for being late. Here is a demo that is approximately 40 minutes long of my entry. I had to work full time and do finals for the last few weeks. Once again, apologize for being late.

http://castleparadox.com/cgi-bin/gamelist-display.php?game=713
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A note on Darkmoor Dungeon: The current version is the entry to the Human Day contest. The final entry for this contest will be uploaded by the Friday deadline, though it won't be significantly different from this version -- some bugfixes, some stat changes, a harder last boss, maybe an extra few battles. There will be bonus content in the form of concept art and maybe some other goodies.
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anybody else out there who still has a game to turn in?

To the rest of you, don't forget to mention your era and timeline year.

You still have time to throw in those supplimental materials too for extra points if you haven't done so yet. Might be a good time to get your younger siblings to help out:)

Well, good luck with the playtesting. Hopefully that's all you have left to do.

Seeya Saturday morning bright and early.

Thanks to everyone who stuck with it.

EDIT: I would recommend that each of you review the scoring details in the first post of this thread to keep an eye out on things that I'll be looking for. I would also recommend that you review the design mission objectives and pretty much everything that comes after the scoring entry. Whatever it takes to cover your bases.

Tightfloss Maiden

Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkmoor Dungeon is Future era, year 2170 (I think; the exact year is mentioned in one of the readmes).
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
"Rogue" is misspelled "rouge" on the title screen.

Agh! Another one. First it was Whispers, and now it's Rogue. Lol Mulin Rouge. XD

Thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: Moogs, CIVILIAN KICKS ASS. Watch out!
Hey, kids! Punch esc twice at the character selection screen for a gooood time. Big grin

---msw188 ---
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed, three days later due to an extended family visit, that the first text box was returning a variable that didn't exist, which made version 1.1 unplayable. I fixed it. My game is now playable. Download it! Bahaha!

http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=709

---msw188 ---
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-reading the rules, I have to protest one of them.

"For a game to be playable, it has to have at least ten minutes of game time (not including battles) and an ending script."

Subtract the battles from my game and maybe you have ten minutes. The battles are the gameplay. This rule should read "not including random battles."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: