Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

GENTLEMEN! BEHOLD! [SPOILERS] (Image Intensive)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: GENTLEMEN! BEHOLD! [SPOILERS] (Image Intensive) Reply with quote

The following are tentative images for the WELCOME.RPG project I'm working on. Any such teasers are NOT indicative of the final product, but you can be sure it'll be pretty no matter what.

A viking longboat. Longboats often had fierce dragons, wolves, or other monsters depicted on the front. Look closely at this one for a laugh.

Your fairly generic orge type enemy, complete with a grin that'd scare any dentist.

And a troll character. Inspired partly from seeing Thellos play WAY too much Warcraft recently, but I like the way this came out. Long spindly arms too, with long fingers are creepy.

And what game is complete without the undead? Big grin

This one probably won't be in. By the way, that's a d20.

And lastly, a very bloody looking werewolf of sorts. The name should give it away, to those who know their viking myths.

Last edited by Fenrir-Lunaris on Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
AdrianX
..yeah.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..wow these images are cool,Fen!..i especially like the bloody wolf,but can you show us the hero graphics,it's not mainly furry characters again,right?
..oh,and by the way,the WEOLCOME.RPG IS a CONTEST,right?so these images are for your entry,right?..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously they're for my entry only. And also, no anthropomorphic heroes in this game, only humans.

Aesir and Vanir mostly, but you get the idea.
Battleblaze
Warrior Thread Monk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think your so awsome with your norse mythology.The pics as usaly rock mine an many other worlds.But shouldent game RPG maker thats for everyone be rated E? I was think more happy graphics.

Welcome to OHR, The land of the undead : D!

"Aeth calls PHC an anti-semite; PHC blames anti-semitism"
-squall
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess that's where our minds are at most of the time.
Awesome job on the BobBoat there. Almost looks like a sheep or a Camel, actually.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chris98

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's bob the freakin' hamster. For anyone who is confused. Great job BTW Fen.
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said Bob Boat.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chris98

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, didn't notice. Doing well with James Paige teaching me JustBasic BTW. Currently finished Task 1-b. Make a map display using 4 tiles, an array, and 2 nested for-next loops.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris98 wrote:
Sorry, didn't notice. Doing well with James Paige teaching me JustBasic BTW. Currently finished Task 1-b. Make a map display using 4 tiles, an array, and 2 nested for-next loops.

...what? Anyway, more stuff. Let's see if anyone recognizes one of these.

Come on. Fire breathing dragons are an RPG staple. Need to work on the far wing, but it still comes out okay.

The grin on this thing was directly inspired from the Grinch, and a mysterious whirling cloak of stuff just plain rocks.

Bad girl! Down! No moonpie for you!
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me Lols at the last one.

I love the fire effect on the second one. The grin is wicked too, but more cartoony than the rest of it. Meh. I don't know what words to use.

Unique looking enemy designs there.

---msw188 ---
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Nice Reply with quote

Your pixel art blows my mind.

I see you are putting a lot of work into this. Are you okay with other people using this for deriviative games?

I went back and read my original post about WELCOME.RPG I realize I was pretty vague about that aspect.

Ideally I would like WELCOME.RPG to be Public-Domain, but at the very least I would want it to be under a sharealike license such as GPL or Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike... but since I didn't actually SAY that before, I am open to whatever permissions you think are appropriate for your entry. */me goes to edit the orignal post to say so*
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no problem with people using anything I put into the Welcome RPG in their own work. The way I figure it, it'll also help them see how to create graphics by studying how I put mine together. Also, it'll make a lot of the newbie games look better too Razz
jabbercat
Composer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fen, do you have to constantly blow my mind? Raspberry!

favourite enemy graphic in a long time.

>.>
<.<
*steals*
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll call tonight's update "children of mischief", for reasons that will become apparent not far after reading this post. Good stuff. Also this is becoming a nightly thing - Should it be stickied?

Why if it isn't the serpent from which the Python version of OHR is named!

Half angel, half devil, all woman.

The artist makes a cameo appearance.
chris98

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Python and Fen sprirtes. Lassie's funny too: "No moonpie for you!"LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: