Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Miss Pixel OHR 2006 Contest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I have the right to voice my opinion don't I. Fortis you didn't submit anything, so do not attack me without reason, this is strictly between me and the contestants. I didn't say specifically who's entry sucked did I.

If I am biased, then it is who I am. I run the contest however I want to run it. If you guys don't like it, then for the last time; drop out, forget this contest ever existed, don't even check this thread. To those who don't mind, enjoy.
Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ysoft_Entertainment wrote:
I didn't say specifically who's entry sucked did I.

Just to point out. Yeah, you kinda did.

Quote:
To people who took this contest seriously, thanks guys, your entries are superb. To those who didn't, your entries suck, and belong in the recycling bin, if I wasn't nice fella, I would have dqed them on the spot.

VB Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I didn't point out any names in that thread did I?

I guess people who didn't actually take this seriously know who they are.

Now I would like to shut up until further notice. I need to write some rules that will actually satisfy people here.
Next year, hopefully I will cut down the rules in half and make them actually reflect the title.

Since the title says Miss Pixel OHR, how about these rules for next year or this year's Mr. Pixel OHR?

1. The submission needs to be digitally created, and also have to be 100% author's drawing(no drawing picture on an existing picture)
2. The submission needs to be of either one of these ohr sizes:20x20, 32x40, 34x34, 50x50, 80x80, 320x200. Color depth 256 colors or less.
EDIT: PHC, point taken. The submission needs to be no bigger then 320x200. Color depth 256 or less.
3. Fan art is ok.
4. Multiple entries are ok.

How about it?

Last edited by Ysoft_Entertainment on Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.

Last edited by The Wobbler on Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. The submission needs to be digitally created, and also have to be 100% author's drawing(no drawing picture on an existing picture)
2. The submission needs to be of either one of these ohr sizes:20x20, 32x40, 34x34, 50x50, 80x80, 320x200. Color depth 256 colors or less.
EDIT: PHC, point taken. The submission needs to be no bigger then 320x200. Color depth 256 or less.
3. Fan art is ok.
4. Multiple entries are ok.

much better.
WUT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHC wrote:
"Entry must be created using the OHR"

Sic - Entry must be created using the graphic interface and tools openly availible in the OHRRPGCE graphic editor, using the DEFAULT OHR palette. These entries may not exceed 320x200 pixels. Entries may be of other characters not created by the artist, but must reference the original creator and character where possible.
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, fen, why use default ohr palette?
Those new rules are going to go in effect for mr pixel(if I decide to host one this year) or next year's miss pixel. And also even thought you can create the picture of 80x80 in ohr, creating 320x200 in ohr would be a pain, so the limitation of tools is omitted. I do agree with the refence to the original author of the picture if the entry is fan based.

Also, I would like to limit timeframe to 2 weeks, 1 month is waaaaay to long for this type of contest, don't you agree?

Last edited by Ysoft_Entertainment on Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but that also implies that good entries will be able to work around this restriction and still look fantastic. I'd like to see a certain level of pixel skill with our entries, and the default 250-odd colors the OHR gives has been used to great effect before.
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur. Shal we eleminate the 48 hour contest in favor of a 24 hour one instead, and a 1 hour contest to replace the 2 hour?

But seriously, I do concur.

Last edited by Joe Man on Fri Dec 13, 1957 1:21 am; edited 2,892 time in total
Rimudora
Psychopath yandere
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Man wrote:
I concur. Shal we eleminate the 48 hour contest in favor of a 24 hour one instead, and a 1 hour contest to replace the 2 hour?

No, because:

1) People actually USE all 48 hours in the 48-hour contest.

2) It's been experimentally proven time and time again that 2 hours is the minimum amount of time it takes for anyone to make a game.
Joe Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thus should people consider sarcasm when reading posts with additional phrases (ex: "But seriously...") to point out the sarcasm.

Last edited by Joe Man on Fri Dec 13, 1957 1:21 am; edited 2,892 time in total
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpgspotkale
ME Akume

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...change of rules...

Well reading them and looking at my pics kinda kicks me out of the contest but who gives a heck.

I'll post anyway because I did take a HELL OF A LONG time to do them to their size but who cares right? Neutral

Well heres my second and last entry.
Cassandra from Sovereign Legion. But hey I just read that we have to pay to get our games on here...whats with that? Kinda makes me not want to put on a game...

well got 2 go
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: