Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Genesis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucier
that one girl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Genesis Reply with quote

just to let anyone know who's interested, my brother gave me a demo of Genesis for Christmas that he had been working on for quite a while. it's not up for review but i'd love for you guys to play it and see all the work he (Sephy99) has put into it. i can safely say like only 5% of the work in this newest demo was done by me. all credit goes to him.
http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=299
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I'll have to check it out.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lucier
that one girl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, but seriously you guys. stop worrying so much about chaotix's game and play a game that's actually worth your time.
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look into it. It can give me something to do while not flaming n00bs and playing Wario Ware! Touched.
Chaotix
Has a fan!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucier wrote:
no, but seriously you guys. stop worrying so much about chaotix's game and play a game that's actually worth your time.

Newbie_Power wrote:
I'll look into it. It can give me something to do while not flaming n00bs and playing Wario Ware! Touched.

Come on... That's not very nice... I am just trying to get some help. Especialy since the griping and arguing stoped.

My forums:

http://www.freeforum101.com/*coming soon*
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 10 minutes into it, and I can already see the Star Ocean 2 influence. You have a blonde swordsman named Claude and you use a song from the same game as your battle theme (but not specifically SO2's battle song, but what I think is the Tower of El theme, if I remember correctly.)
Lucier
that one girl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha i guess, although there are songs ripped from basically every major rpg ever.
Chaotix
Has a fan!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My RPG's have music either ripped, or recomposed from older RPGs. I like what I like, and I like Final Fantasy music!

XD

My forums:

http://www.freeforum101.com/*coming soon*
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucier wrote:
haha i guess, although there are songs ripped from basically every major rpg ever.
You guys even used the same kind of Game Over sequence SO2 does, by fading back out to the field map and then fading to black right after that. You guys are awesome.
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just arrived at Midlan. Nothing has really jumped out at me as being that great so far, but I'll certainly continue playing. I'll probably post more detailed comments later, but here're a couple things that I wanted to bring up:

1) You use a tent after you save, so if you use a tent and then reload your game, you won't have used the tent. This is easily fixed with plotscripting, just make it save again if the player chooses to use a tent.

2) The battle theme is awful. Not the song itself, I like the Star Ocean battle theme, but this particular file has a HUGE delay at the beginning. Any delay at all is bad, but it takes so long for the song to begin that I can run away before it starts.
Rinku

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a new Genesis release? *downloads*
sephy99

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Simply wow. This has to be the greatest thing since sliced bread- and sliced bread was easily up there in the "top coolest of things" list. I feel as though from the moment I began playing there was this unexplainable bond I had with every character... almost as if my blood, sweat, and tears had been poured into the very fabric of their beings. Sadly, ever since the accident I can neither bleed nor sweat... but that's beside the point.

Keep up the good work Lucier, I'm so glad that after such a long time you finally decided to put up a new demo of the game. Of course, it has nothing on Fat Frog, but at least you gave a go of it. Maybe you should try making a game about the decaying corpse of some famous RPG character of old... like someone from Chrono Trigger for instance. Janus would work.
Lucier
that one girl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha you're going to confuse people into thinking i actually had some part of this demo release, besides of course putting it online for the 3 active cp users to not download. i just want everyone to know there is a special surprise if you talk to the bartender on Nore's ship. i'm not sure if it's 100% functional (are all the characters playable, bro?), but it's still really fun. ALSO, you guys should talk to every single person in Setsuna City, because they all have some pretty interesting stuff to say. and so do the library books.
sephy99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the ship mini game isn't 100% functional yet (as is the case with a lot of the mini game/side quests). Basically, the only thing I can guarantee works as it aught is the main story progression. Some of the shops still arn't fully stocked, (I honestly don't know if Setsuna's weapon shop even exists) and even some of the earlier plotscripts are just out of date and stylistically different than those later in the demo, which I am currently working to fix. That's what happens when you inconsistantly update a game over a period of several years (what is it now... like 5?).

Either way, the demo was technically never meant to be released to the public (with the sparse remains of Castle Paradox being "the public") but for those who played the earlier demo and were wondering if those two people who made Genesis had died, than the demo should be a great relief reminding you that we are still alive and somewhat kicking.
TwinHamster
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if it was the pleasant music of the village, or the calm mood of the scenery, or what, but something wanted me to take a nap within the first five minutes of the game.

I honestly tried to force myself to get past the introductory scene by convincing myself that action would interrupt the peace sometime soon, but after another two minutes, I just couldn't go on any further.

I suppose this is just my being accustomed to playing games with loud, destructive beginnings.

But from what I've seen so far, everything looks very impressive. Excellent work, you two.

Heh heh. He pegged a fish with a rock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: