Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

NEW "Hero of Time" TRAILER!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The music was actually pretty good, but the movie was so horribly corny I laughed a lot, and showed my wife and she laughed too.
Honestly, the music adds to it (the corneyness). It's good, serious music to a "trailer" that takes itself way to seriously.
So, your part was good, but that movie...watching it more then once is painful. Oookay...
Joe Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH SNAP I totally forgot you did this. Funny thing is my brother and I saw the trailer and planned a road trip to see the Atlanta screening if it turns out to be a convenient date. Do you know when it is, and do you plan on being there?

Last edited by Joe Man on Fri Dec 13, 1957 1:21 am; edited 2,892 time in total
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Joel said (even in the interview video that was just posted on the "Hero of Time" website) that the Atlanta Premiere is only for the people involved with the film. I will be there because I had a part in the film's post-production composing the music. They'll actually be flying me up there for it. They haven't decided on a date to do the premiere, but it will definitely be after the holidays.

The website for the film is: http://www.theherooftime.com

Also, I filmed a self-interview with the questions sent to me about composing the movie's score this morning, and sent it in for editing. I'm not sure if it'll be their next video update or not, but it will be coming.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setu_Firestorm wrote:
...the Atlanta Premiere is only for the people involved with the film.

I'm pretty sure that disqualifies it from being a premiere. More like a final rehearsal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Drizzle
Who is the Drizzle?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you'd like, and you're determined to insult me and the work I've spent long months working on, I'd be glad to save myself the time of coming here to check on this thread and again delete this place from my bookmarks.

I think your music holds up really well, to be honest. The problem is, people are judging the movie by the wrong standards. Clearly it didn't have a $100 million+ budget it would require to look like a studio quality movie. The comparisons just don't makes sense when they have .01% of the budget the studios would've given it. The same way it doesn't make sense to judge amateur games against professional games in terms of graphical quality, you can't judge low-budget independents against studio films in terms of production values.

Anyway, I like what you've done. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie.
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Joe Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . . You ought to hook us up with VIP passes if that's the case. I'm actually hyped about this film. Not a I want a special prescreening can't wait to see it sort of hype, it just deserves to be seen on the big screen. I'll consider it a pilgrimage.

Last edited by Joe Man on Fri Dec 13, 1957 1:21 am; edited 2,892 time in total
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Man: That's what they're doing. I'm not in charge of it.

Drizzle: That comment I made was actually directed at 8-bit, who made a very asinine comment to me earlier in this thread, but that's history.

Uncy: That's what they're calling it. I'm actually surprised they even said anything publicly about the private screening, given that it wasn't exactly a public event.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LongeBane

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the budget for music setu?
LongeBane

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...any budget?

no budget?
Artimus Bena
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being in the same boat as setu, in regards to my own experience scoring a less-than-perfect indie film, I would applaud his efforts. As I remember hearing, the producers here practically made him write the score twice.

Seriously, for those of you being harsh with setu about this, you really would not be saying the same stuff if you'd ever tried scoring a film; it's really very difficult. I think at the very least setu considers this a great experience that may provide him the skills to one day score movies with the big boys in hollywood.

Anyway, I also felt that the score wasn't done justice in the trailer, having heard several samples you had uploaded before the producers asked you to take them down. As for the film's quality, I think they accomplished a ton with little resource, and I'm sure at the very least, that is what they want potential studios to notice more than anything.

|||Compositions!
|||Eldardeen Soundtrack!
|||Red Mercury!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bena, no one was harsh with Setu here. People thought the movie sucked. They didn't say anything negative about Setu's work. This is sort of the same thing you said.
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I guess what I am trying to say is: I think this sucks, and now I think YOU suck. Sorry.

Don't know about you, I consider this being harsh with Setu.

|||Compositions!
|||Eldardeen Soundtrack!
|||Red Mercury!
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8bit admitted to being, quote, "a douchebag." I'm not sure why you felt compelled to bring this up again, five weeks after the fact.
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I felt the need to address it, sue me. Perhaps he'll think about the work that goes into certain things before letting his knee jerk so violently?

My motherboard's been fried for months, so I get few chances to check messages.

edit: I suppose I also wanted to remind setu I have his back.

|||Compositions!
|||Eldardeen Soundtrack!
|||Red Mercury!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: