Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Kizul's 8-Bit Musical Talent Exhibition Thread (WIPs abound)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kizul Emeraldfire
Type: Cyber Dragoon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Kizul's 8-Bit Musical Talent Exhibition Thread (WIPs abound) Reply with quote

Currently making an RPG with the OHR (before you ask, there's nothing to show yet besides these Oookay... ), and thought that I'd share some of the music I've been making for it.

Since I'm rather incapable of making anything instrumental that sounds decent, I've been using FamiTracker to compose the music in the style of ye olde 8-bit Nintendo Entertainment System (viva la Gray Box. Big grin). Happy

As such, the rest of the game will also be done in the style of the NES, and I'll be striving to make it as accurate as possible (though probably excluding emulation of the sprite-flickerage that the NES had, as that'd be a pain for me to script. xD)

Anyway, some sample musics, in mid-quality OGG files:

Intro
Cheerful Town
Underwater Ruin
Battle Mode!
Flight of the Airship (mostly-finished)

I'm wanting to lengthen the Flight of the Airship tune, but I don't know how I want the rest of it to sound. :/

The RPG is also set in a fantasy-medieval world; does Battle Mode! sound like it'd fit very good in that sort of setting? o.O

Anyway — suggestions? Comments? Critiques? Flames? Ha ha ha! If you're gonna critique 'em, please — be brutal. I want to know any and all things I can improve upon in these, since I'm still sort of a novice to musical composition. Oookay...

P.S.: for those wondering why I didn't upload them to CP's server, it's because I didn't want to litter it with a bunch of WIP songs. Happy

Edit: updated the link to Underwater Ruin in this post, too, for sake of ease.

Last edited by Kizul Emeraldfire on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, very authentic NESish feel

EDIT: Is the Underwater Ruin file broken? I can't get it to play.
Kizul Emeraldfire
Type: Cyber Dragoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er, yes, in fact — thanks for spotting that. Oookay... Hold on for a few minutes and I'll have it re-uploaded in a jiffy.

Edit: THERE. Fixed it. Had to re-encode the file; for some reason it didn't upload right or something. >.>

It now resides here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ivxwlvknz5t

Dunno what the problem was, but whenever I downloaded it, it was always 0KB in size (even after re-uploading it once or twice). :/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: