Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Image won't import

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Autofire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Image won't import Reply with quote

Hello. I've recently started using OHRRPGCE. Tust to make sure everything works, I made a simple tileset. It wouldn't import, so I looked around on the wiki, and came across this. (I use GIMP) After following what is says to do, it still shows up as grey in the import list. Here are to two images:

http://www.mediafire.com/?lz47bcxh9i1kbk0 (The second one is with the pallet changed up to match the one in OHRRPGCE.)

I can't tell what I'm doing wrong. Confused
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 16-color BMP files are ONLY for sprites, such as heroes, enemies, walkabouts, etc.

Maptiles are not 16-color.

It is currently impossible to import one tile at a time, you can only import a full set of tiles.

The bitmap should be 320 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall. it has to be made up of 20x20 pixel tiles.

You could just add blank space to the edges of the BMP until it is the right size.

I suggest saving it with full 24-bit color. (In the Gimp this is Image->Mode->RGB)

The 24-bit color will be reduced to 256 color and fitted to your game's master palette when you import it.
Autofire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thanks. It works now. Happy This does help a lot. I was sorta confused there, thinking that ALL the imports had to be 16 colors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum