Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Good attack settings?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlipnoteMrMan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Good attack settings? Reply with quote

So, my attacks and spells do weird damage. I was just wondering if there were any good settings. Also, when something attacks me, it's not inflicting damage for some reason, just started doing that. Oookay...
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, FlipnoteMrMan!

Can you tell us more about the current settings that your attacks are using? You can take screenshots of the attack editor with F12, upload them someplace like imgur.com and post them here

There are a lot of options in the attack editor, and it can be confusing when you are first starting out.

In addition to looking at the settings in the attack editor, it is also helpful to know what stats your heroes and enemies, have, since stats are a very important part of most damage calculations
FlipnoteMrMan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob the Hamster wrote:
Welcome, FlipnoteMrMan!

Can you tell us more about the current settings that your attacks are using? You can take screenshots of the attack editor with F12, upload them someplace like imgur.com and post them here

There are a lot of options in the attack editor, and it can be confusing when you are first starting out.

In addition to looking at the settings in the attack editor, it is also helpful to know what stats your heroes and enemies, have, since stats are a very important part of most damage calculations

Well with one of my attacks, the first move does like, 4-6 damage, but then it just does 1 damage each time. Here it is.
http://i.imgur.com/wgQIVaB.png
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! I think I see the problems.

Quote:
Target Stat: Atk

This means that the attack damages attack power. The only effect of this attack is the make the opponent's attack weaker.

Instead you want

Quote:
Target Stat: HP

So the attack will damage the targe'ts health and eventually kill them.

Next, look at this line:

Quote:
Base ATK stat: Atk (target)

This means that the amount of damage done by the attack is base don the target's Atk stat instead of the attacker's Atk stat. You should change it to this:

Quote:
Base ATK stat: Atk (attacker)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum