Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Element absorption and abnormal stat registers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RelicMaker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Element absorption and abnormal stat registers Reply with quote

Lets say I have an attack that damages the poison register and is keyed as fire element. If a character absorbs fire, does the attack simply have no effect? Is their poison register healed?
Also, is their anyway to make a character immune to (or absorb the damage from) poison? If so, can I do this with a piece of equipment? For that matter, can I make a piece of equipment that affects one of the registers, like a regen ring?
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damage to regen, poison, stun and mute registers works in exactly the same way as damage to other stats. You can use the information at the bottom of the Damage Settings menu to understand what will happen; it should be accurate in all circumstances. (Except that I now notice that it ignores the "Reset X register" bitsets.)

That means that if you make an attack which targets one of the registers elemental, then it can heal that register instead. (Healing a register above the max has no effect.) You could use that to make a character (or enemy) which is immune to poison, using an element for that purpose. Likewise, you can set an elemental resistance on a piece of equipment to make it confer poison resistance. If you set the "Hero elemental resistance calculation" to "multiplicative", then set the damage to the poison-element to 0%. If it's "additive", set it to -100%.

However you can't create something like a regen ring, at least not without tricks like sticking an invisible enemy in every formation to hit all heroes with an invisible elemental attack. But come to think of it, it might be easy for us to just add more "stat bonuses" to equipment.
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Probably the Grand Poobah or something

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Healing a poison register above the maximum really should cause regeneration (basically "negative poison damage") instead of doing nothing.

I know some of the Final Fantasy games (at least FF6 if I'm remembering right) have enemies that are healed by poison rather than damaged, so I'm sure I'm not the only one who's tried to set enemies up to be healed by poisoning in the OHRRPGCE (...only to find that it does nothing.)
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be a bitset like "register can become negative through this attack" because I can imagine situations where someone doesn't want the register to go negative.
1. short-tempered, snappish, 2. unduly brief or curt (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, so I just added that attack damage bitset. It's also nice if the attacker is set to absorb damage, gaining regen and inflicting poison at the same time, or vice versa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum