Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Wrong Palette?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainTV

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Wrong Palette? Reply with quote

When I go to test my game the player character has the wrong palette (palette 3) when I have set it to use palette 4. What's the problem and how can I fix it?
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero inside- and outside-battle spriteset and palette numbers are saved in saved games, and aren't updated when you edit the game and then load your save. They also don't change if you edit the game while using the 'test game' option. It's definitely a nuisance.

If you set the palettes to "default" instead of specifying a specific palette, then you will be able to change the palette by editing the game.

If you want to force a change in an existing save/game without having to restart playing the game, you will have to use a script. The 'resetheroalette' command will reload the palette number from the .rpg file.

Here's a script to reload everything, which might be helpful (although the thing you asked for specifically only needs a one-line script):

Code:

plotscript, reset all hero graphics, begin
  # For every hero in active and reserve parties...
  variable(who)
  for (who, 0, 41) do (
    if (hero by slot(who) <> -1) then (  # skip nonexistent heroes
      reset hero picture(who, inside battle)
      reset hero picture(who, outside battle)
      reset hero palette(who, inside battle)
      reset hero palette(who, outside battle)
    )
  )
end

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum