Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Main battle menu skills
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best.
Post.
EVAR.
But these AWESOME posts are getting out of hand, man.
Hang back and shoot your ego, Nathan. I had to put my ego down too. One can always revive it when they've done (finished) something noteworthy.
Just set it and forget it, buddy.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ronin Catholic
Deadliest of Fairies

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncommon wrote:
Nathan Karr wrote:
rpgspotKahn wrote:
Do you go surfing through all the back pages until you can find something to relate to?

Nothing wrong, just wierd...

Yes.

Stop doing this.

Changed my mind. I was right all along; you and other people telling me not to revive old threads were jerks. Hopefully the past seventeen years have brought you as much maturation as they have me.

I could go into an entire treatise as to why there's nothing wrong with reviving old forum threads and how having a new thread on exactly the same, or a very similar, topic every (insert completely arbitrary duration no two anti-revivers could agree on).

I will instead bask for a while in reminiscence of how even at my earliest, dumbest, most oblivious years as a total newbie to internet forums and poorly socialized in general...how polite I was, how willing to respect the opinions and preferences of others I was. How I was not, in fact, nearly as bad as I've thought for over a decade.

Someone asked me, not even very politely, to stop looking in the back pages of the forum and leaving comments in threads where I found something relevant to say. Others would say "Nothing wrong with that" or actively encourage me and somehow this still erupted in a flame war and people convinced for years that I was an alt account of some other user trolling them.

Of course my conduct was far from perfect. I would jump to conclusions about the character of people based on how polite they were to me, was quick to anger and frustration, and absolutely tactless when it came to making any attempt to share my faith or moral beliefs. My beliefs have softened somewhat in the years since...or you could say faltered or wavered, weakened, slackened. However, the core morals of what I believe have not really budged. I'm a lot less specific about behavioral proscriptions, but no less certain of the veracity of my foundation; I believe in external standards under the control of no man, and that by these standards I am not good, that it is I who fail to meet the standards, not the standards that fail to be broad enough to include me.

Regarding my anecdotes about Random Effects spell lists (random spell in slot 2 would always happen more often than random spell in slot 1, 3 would roll more often than 2) I have no idea how that used to happen so consistently for me in every OHR game I played, but somewhere around 2009 or so that seems to have gotten fixed? Probably a side-effect of fixing something else in the spaghetti code of the OHR.

...and as for the original topic of the thread: We now have a fantastic option to simply edit the Battle Menu on a hero by hero basis and put those attacks on the menu directly without finegling with or wasting the potential of a proper spell list. I gave examples of this in my game TutOHRial. We can also take away the item menu and even the weapon attack!

"I didn't start the flame war;
I can't understand a word you're saying
nor the game you're playing~"
Swordplay
Be All End All

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan Karr wrote:
Uncommon wrote:
Nathan Karr wrote:
rpgspotKahn wrote:
Do you go surfing through all the back pages until you can find something to relate to?

Yes.

Stop doing this.

Nah.
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swordplay wrote:
Nathan Karr wrote:
Uncommon wrote:
Nathan Karr wrote:
rpgspotKahn wrote:

Yes.

Stop doing this.

Nah.

Imagine not just being affected by things said online by people you'll never meet, but being haunted by it for years. So haunted that you feel the need to argue with a comment made 15 years ago by a person that has long since stopped caring and will very likely never read your reply. Such commitment to a grudge is remarkable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: