Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

OHR COOKBOOK ISSUE ONE RELEASED.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zetes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: OHR COOKBOOK ISSUE ONE RELEASED. Reply with quote

www.ohrcookbook.cjb.net

Enjoy. Jeff and my (and many others) magazine is finally ready for release. Comments are wanted.
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah in my opinion. The design is evil (and I mean that in a bad way), the reviews are awful, the cover's white text is meant to be read by those with glasses thicker than a television set, and you mention stuff about Septa too much. I'd rather have OHR Lounge than this (and even OHR Lounge wasn't all that great). On the other hand, my game got a few votes in the Most Anticipated column, so...Raspberry!
WUT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame the white text and the blurriness on the .JPGization of the original image. Should have sent them a .png of it instead. That and my glasses are unusually thick as well (they would be half an inch, but they're compressed in such a way to require only 1/4 an inch). Later installments will have black around the white text to make it easier to read. And you're right. The reviews are too short, but I've said that before. And septa DOES get mentioned way too much. Quit apologizing, a magazine that's considered a "regular" publication and hasn't updated in months deserves severe criticism, not praise.

On the other hand, the group's learning from their mistakes, so give em time and it should improve (or why not help out, you know?) And it has the complete walkthrough to FFH in working order, so that's a plus.
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I stated on Renzo, I can't get in because you used too much bandwith. I pressed the more info button and... crap! You guys are only allowed 16.7 MG of bandwith a day? The free thing on Angelfire allows 1 GB. Then again, not having any ads is a definite plus... not to mention the extra filespace...
zetes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys, did you even look? Ever since I posted this link the septaweekly shit has been removed. It wasn't actually there on the real release. But its true, that should not have been there.

What is it in particular you dislike about the layout? I think its great...

True, the reviews are short. That can be mended, and we shall do that next time.

And, ehh, thanks for the comments. We'll be better next time.
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frames are evil, and yours are too small. There shouldn't be a space that is roughly 1/10 the size of my monitor (which is no big monitor - 15 inches) to read stuff in.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you not make the text bigger?
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter what the text size is (and the text size is fine, BTW). Actually, no, I take that back. A bigger text size will be worse because it creates a larger scroll bar. Just ditch the frames and make the middle bigger and it'll be fine.
is fantastic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But on a more positive note, Monheart wrote a great characterization article and MCM's Hax0ring FAQ was very helpful.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the layout is weak and mildly irritating to sift through. Keeping all the headlines on one page would've been nice, allowing the viewer to click on a link to access the next article or review as a page of it's own. Something worth changing.

But that's a shared opinion already expressed, so enough about that.

I'm giving my opinion here because I thought the review/article called the "Pessimistic Gamer" destroyed any level of quality that this online mag could've had. I agree that the other reviews were weak, but they didn't ruin anything. This review (or whatever it was supposed to be) was not on any level a review or an article. It was in my opinion some kid trying to use the guise of a review to belittle the author of "Who Am I?" for no reason other than to make himself look good or feel good or whatever he or she thought he was accomplishing. Maybe there's a vendetta against the author, maybe it was a BS:OHR style random attack, but this mag in no way resembles a tabloid like BS did, and therefore including anything like this article was a very poor choice.

You guys can publish whatever gets sent to you, but my gosh set some standards. If you want your OHR Cookbook to gain any respect whatsoever, you can start by never ever accepting a pointless derogatory cussfest like that again. I didn't like Who Am I either, but the game sure didn't deserve that level of a beating. Even if the author thought it would be funny to make fun of his own game and call himself "Anonymous," it still makes your magazine look ridiculous when you publish it among other articles you'd like readers to take seriously. That thing was in no way a review, and certainly was in no way an article, so exercise more common sense next time when making your next issue public.

To end on a positive note though, I thought the article that followed (that one about WORKING.TMP) was a smart inclusion. Kudos to MCW for breaking down the list of commands and to James for confirming them. That's the kind of stuff that can help the community (or at least some people in it). That other one though...I think I said enough.

The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

Currently Updating: Chapter 2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
no_shot
Surpasses you in poetical prowess

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is an article that I would so like you to include in the nest or current issue:

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/matt2/musiccomp.doc
no_shot

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.s. You MUST save target as...then open with notepad...it wont work otherwise for some stupid reason.

I fucking hate computers. I want to destroy them all and see them burn in hell. Anyways, hope you like the article.
no_shot

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Cool! they replace fucking with fucking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: