Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

ohrrpgce mac intel 10.5.8 crash upon opening
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carsten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

ok so i think it works, when i imported it it said the following message which i assume is normal:

helloworld,
...autofix broken triggers...
imported 1 scripts

so yeah i think thats right? oh btw though. When i tried to import a script with the new version on an game i made with the last build, it wouldn't let me. said that i was running a game that was made on a different version. which i was.
is there anyway to update my games version to the one you made to allow scripting? hope that wasn't really confusing.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, looks like it's working; thanks.

The build I uploaded is a nightly build of the latest development version. simply use both OHRRPGCE-Game and OHRRPGCE-Custom from that .dmg file, rather than just OHRRPGCE-Custom.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, old rpg files are always automatically upgraded when you open them in a newer version.

So the error message you saw was not telling you that your rpg file could not be used with a different version, it was telling you that your versions of OHRRPGCE-Game and OHRRPGCE-Custom did not match
carsten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: problem Reply with quote

when ever i try to open anything such as a walkabout or if i want to draw map tiles the app crashes... keeps crashing all the time

3/19/13 8:34:54 AM com.apple.launchd[102] ([0x0-0x1e01e].OHRRPGCE-Custom[976]) Exited abnormally: Illegal instruction

this is an example of what shows up in Console logs
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can reproduce the crash in Mac OS X 10.7.5 also.

Console wrote:

3/19/13 8:02:53.084 AM ohrrpgce-custom: CPSGetCurrentProcess(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.
3/19/13 8:02:53.085 AM ohrrpgce-custom: CPSSetForegroundOperationState(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.
3/19/13 8:03:08.264 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501: ([0x0-0x6d36d3].OHRRPGCE-Custom[54306]) Job appears to have crashed: Illegal instruction: 4
3/19/13 8:03:09.858 AM ReportCrash: Saved crash report for ohrrpgce-custom[54306] version O.H.R.RPG.C.E version wip 20130319 (???) to /Users/james/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ohrrpgce-custom_2013-03-19-080309_Broastes-Ghost-Jamess-Mac-Mini.crash
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this was a difficult bug to track down, as it had a very contrived cause. It turns out this has been present for a bit over a month. Fixed now (but wait for the next nightly).
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!

I forced an early build of the Mac Nightly, so carsten, you can download and re-test any time :)
carsten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: good i guess Reply with quote

k tested it out, it works. no crashes imports work. buut its kind of weird, when i first tried to import it said it failed, then i tried again and it worked. i re tried to see if this was a one time thing but again it at first didnt work then worked the second time.

3/21/13 5:28:21 PM osascript[1351] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions: dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions: mach-o, but wrong architecture

3/21/13 5:28:21 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].OHRRPGCE-Custom[1314] 2013-03-21 17:28:21.099 osascript[1351:10b] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions: dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents

/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
3/21/13 5:28:21 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].OHRRPGCE-Custom[1314] /Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions: mach-o, but wrong architecture

3/21/13 5:28:21 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].OHRRPGCE-Custom[1314] osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition /Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax declares no loadable handlers.

3/21/13 5:28:21 PM [0x0-0x3e03e].OHRRPGCE-Custom[1314] osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition /Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax declares no loadable handlers.

wow. this is the log.

its weird because when i do it the second time, it works but gives me the same log message
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Googling for this error I see that it has nothing to do with the OHR. Apparently it is due to having QuarkXPress installed on your machine. You could ignore the errors, remove the particular file that's causing the error (which may stop QuarkXPress from working, though I would guess it's harmless since it seems to be complaining that the file is invalid anyway), or uninstall QuarkXPress.

http://lists.apple.com/archives/applescript-users/2008/May/msg00257.html
carsten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: layers Reply with quote

ok so deleted the script addition and it works every time now. one problem though, i added a layer to a map and it wouldn't let me enable it when i pressed enter. also i couldn't use control up (page up on a mac laptop) to switch layers in tile map, however i assume this is because i didn't have it enabled.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Enter work normally elsewhere (nearly anywhere that Space does)? I couldn' treproduce the problem on a Mac.

Yes, you can't switch to disabled map layers with page up/down. But you can enable or disable a layer by pressing Alt + a number key.
carsten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

yeah enter works all the time exepct to activate the layers. maybe im just stupid.. you can have layers other than layer 0 enabled right? also what screat should i alt number key on, i tried it on the tile map and layers page to no avail.
carsten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem is i dont think theres a error it just isnt there. so its hard to find whats going wrong.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alt plus number keys should work in the tilemap editing mode (F2). If neither that nor pressing Enter in the Layers and Tilesets menu to enable the layer works, then I can guess which piece of code is malfunctioning... and apparently it only occurs on Mac OS 10.5. We had a similar bug that only occurred on Mac; a bug that only occurs in OS 10.5 is really bizarre but might have a similar reason.

When you create a new layer it is meant to start off enabled. Do you have the problem that all your map layers are always disabled, even immediately after being created?

What version are you using? Try upgrading to Beelzebufo and see if the problem is still there; there were some changes to the map editor recently.
carsten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: yaay Reply with quote

ah ha! running on beezlbufo fixed the problem, i can enable multiple layers. Big grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum