Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Moogle1's NEW best game ever
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monheart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, Moogle1 is his screen name. Although it is, I've never known him to be Moogle obsesive. Although, once he did try to make a Moogle-based game, it didn't exactly fly. There is no question that Moogle1 is the best when it comes to plotscripting. His ideas have always been innovative to the OHR, and he has always tried to put that extra "umph" of effort into his games to make them shine. I look forward to his return, as well as any idea he may bring back with him. Although I didn't know him personally, we've talked numerous times, and he's helped even me with my plotscripting many times over. Oookay... My hope is that one day, I may be accepted to be atleast nearly as talented as him. I've learned nearly all the tricks of the trade to plotscripting, unfortunately, the games I've made so far don't seem to show enough of it. And if it weren't for Moogle1, I probably would have given up on the OHR long ago.

One other thing Id like to point out, although Moogle1 has made the only Tactical battle system (though crude) released for the OHR, he's not the only one who has made the attempt. I was one of them. Moogle1 even praised it when I let him sample what I managed to get done. unfortunately, I gave up about halfway through, it was not because it was too hard, but because I hadn't throughly thought it through. Also, I find it interesting that he has the idea to remake one of his older games. In fact, I was thinking about doing the same thing as well.

Anyway, enough about me, all hail the Moogle!
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moog wasn't the only one to make a tactical battle system. Sephy99 has one on the gamelist.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DON'T REVIVE DEAD THREADS.
Monheart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A) I just got back on the forum, there's no way I could have known it was dead.

B) It was still near the top of the list.

I don't know what you consiter dead, but please, If I offended you, you could at least say so in a more freindly mannor. I don't mean any harm.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead is usually about a week or so old.
Durandal
Colony Ship for sale, cheap

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monheart wrote:
A) I just got back on the forum, there's no way I could have known it was dead.

B) It was still near the top of the list.

I don't know what you consiter dead, but please, If I offended you, you could at least say so in a more freindly mannor. I don't mean any harm.

You have to remember, CP operates in a bizarro internet where a week is dead and anything off topic is spam. Don't worry about it too much.

Also, try to ignore MCW. He's a massive troll, but in CP's bizarro internet, he's somehow tolerated and encouraged.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hey hey, I'll be nice to people if they'll be nice to others, be nice to me, or just do something I like. Take Alvanista, for example. He was one of the most rejected people in teh OHR community for using a thesaurus, but he apologized for it. Now I'm friends with him and it's fine.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone likes MCW because its fun to watch him shouting at spammers and other annoying members. Really, join in and have a good time.
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, trolling is annoying...
especially trolls that are trolling about spammers and whatnot.

anyway, monheart has a strange point, moogle1 adds an extra spark to his games and is the first to present a tactical system to the OHR.
and it was his tutorials that helped me understand parts of the plotscripting that i didn't understand, which in turn helped me with programming.

EDIT: i put taomeow instead of monheart Oookay...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not that Moogle is a particularly good plotscripter, but he puts plotscripting to good use. From what I've seen, Monheart is at least a good plotscripter as Moogle1.

But we luv MCM!
Monheart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that hit the spot! It may be a little selfish to say so, but that's the compliment I was really looking for. Big grin Although, I still think I haven't surpassed the almighty Moogle. He's put his plotscripting skills to use in many more games than I. I probably like to play games more then I make them, that's why I only have 2 games released and no more then 4 under my belt period. Besides, Moogle, is just what we've said, a plotscripter. I mean, he does the rest of his games just as well. But when it comes down to the scripting, he works more with making complex scripts to perform phenominal feats. His scripting is mostly for gameplay advantages and entertainment. My work leans more to combining the scriping with the overall game, especially with graphics. I like my games more balanced, with everything working with each other. Of course, who knows, maybe his next idea will blow this whole comparasment out of the community? Question
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, I think that Fyre's a better scripter than Moogle, but Moogle actually, you know, scripts stuff more often and shows it to people.
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I think Retrogamer/T-Spade/Demonheat is a better scripter than all of them, because he's...uh...a good scripter and he shows stuff done with scripting.

But Monheart, you are a good scripter, as you showed me when we started working on that tactical engine and got only into the menus and such. Still, what you did was quite excellent. Keep up the good work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: