Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
JSH357

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, while we're at it, leroy's avatar offends my philosophy.

Ban him and remove it.
Machu
Righter, a person who rights wrongs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's freaking Homestar Runner!
[*]Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing
JSH357

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Running to make people laugh and not toward JUSTICE. What a loser. SIN SIN SIN
Machu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparantly, it's still April fool's day.
[*]Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing
JSH357

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, actually, I dislike Homestar Runner.

back on topic, most of the avatars on this site offend me. You people have no taste :dong:
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Avatars are acceptable, And I think we can discuss penis without having to worry. If Meteor were naked, or in a more sexual, as opposed to combative pose, I think I would stand a bit more lenient towards your charges. Text is mostly ignored, and I really don't think anyone's looking over your shoulder, reading your posts. They might see a female from far off, especially a sexual one, but I doubt they would get close enough to read about penii, or fucking, or any number of sexual discussions we could have on the forums (Teabagging comes to mind). But, I can clearly see that when you give you crazies an inch (Read, changing of avatars) you try and take a whole yard, and take every bit of enjoyment out of the forum for everyone else.
Machu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more insults to me are gonna result in bans.

Don't pull that "don't even try, it's just gonna get dirty again" philosophy to me. I feel that being promoted to administration means that I can make proper judgements on what's offensive or not.
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Machu, let me attempt to rephrase: I think the actions you are calling for, removing of Meteor, non-allowance of saying the word "PENIS", and presumably heavy criticism if not disallowal of female avatars is CLEARLY crossing the line from making us safe for work, into being insanely paranoid, and non-offensive. I'm not saying it'd get dirty again, I'm saying it should stay dirty, and should never get half as clean as you seem to want it.

What you are proposing, is an environment in which things can't be openly and honestly discussed, and I for one feel that this already has happened in a sense, with the closing of Leroy's thread where he came out of the closet. We could've had an open, and honest discussion of homosexuality, and perhaps he could've gotten the acceptance he wanted, even if he did face a few clowns who were against it, but instead, the thread was closed, no one's learned anything, no one's talked about anything, and we just go back to hiding from it until later.

I'm not defending open discussion of smut, however, I don't think the words "penis" or "vagina" should be forbidden from usage. If the discussion becomes too graphic, with vivid and imaginitive descriptions of wild and passionate sexual intercourse, a warning can be posted in the topic of the thread, and it be moved to the Story Time forum, where it will be enjoyed by those of us who take pleasure in such things. How do you feel about Cabbage King's avatar? Or CN's avatar? How do you feel about games like Hentai Quest and Halloween No Ingles? Look at their gamelistings, look at these people's avatars, and tell me your feelings on whether or not it should be allowed or disallowed. Also please look at my user title. When you have done this, and responded to them, I can better tailor my response, and thus reaction to this attempt at stifling the community.

-Ever so sincerely,
The Giz
Machu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSH was mimicking me.

I agree with the turn off avatars option, but I figure that if it were possible, it would already be done.
Machu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK OK, bottom line: Who wants more rules, and who wants less?
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Machu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He PMed me saying that wasn't him.
Also, define "the same".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: