Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Halloween Contest: Anyone still interested?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember folks, you've got about 12 days left. I hope your contributions are progressing nicely.
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine in, brother.
I hope you like it.

http://castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=691
Minnek was supposed to post something WAY earlier. I was working on halloween, man. I KNOW! WORKING? Sorry about that.

Edit: redownload the nicer version, plz. I added a vital screen and a drunken bartend- oh, sorry. Almost ... Pretty much spoiled that one...
Also, this one WILL WORK.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Leonhart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having second thoughts of joining the contest, but because Halloween's my favorite word ever.... Confused

http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=692

Follow the Important thingie...[/b]
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd drop a line about Leonhart's game, since I felt concerned about a couple things.

Bugs: There is a secret door somewhere on the left side of the foyer floor (the floor of the entry room) that takes me to a weird hallway. And when I try to go back the way I came, I am taken outside, to the first map... From there, i am stuck, so I restarted from my save point. Sad...

the first time I looked at the "Dogbone" in the kitchen (Which looks more like a crow than a bone), the maptiles in the room changed drastically. The times after that, nothing happened.

I love the concept of a Halloween "trading" game. It's like "Locked", but without music... I didn't hear any...

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Leonhart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the bug report.. Ha ha ha!
I've already uploaded the game without the secret door. But, I dont know how to fix the "dogbone" problem, though....

my computer cant play bam... sorry..
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot. Some music would really add to the atmosphere. I understand why you didn't add any music now. It sucks not being able to hear what you do...

---msw188 ---
Leonhart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of now, where are the other games???
Question
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, It's just you and I, bud.
They aren't officially due until midnight tonight...
So, we shall see.

---msw188 ---
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey, only two entries. I guess we'd better start voting. You've got a while to play them both, we'll say Voting ends Sunday. You have to rank them in Scariness, Creativity, and Fun. Creativity and Fun are rated on a scale of 0-10, Scariness on a scale of 0-20. Just to try and keep things fair, we'll throw out the highest and lowest score for each game in each category. Anyone can vote, so long as they've played both games. Thanks for entering, and I'll release the game I was working on later in the week when I get feeling good enough to finish it properly.
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to say that I will be unable to submit a game this year due to the fact that I have got a very bad cold. Sorry guys.
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
Battleblaze
Warrior Thread Monk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd make a game if there was a lets say at least 3 day extension. I coudl out toghether a little diddy.

"Aeth calls PHC an anti-semite; PHC blames anti-semitism"
-squall
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was to vote between the two, I would have to give a vote to the only GAME of the two.. Of course, this means Leonhart's game. He clearly put more time and effort into his. I wish I was graced with either one. May they both rest in piece.

1 vote for Leonhart.

[Edit] However, may I request that I only give Leonhart a half a vote, because his game was incomplete when I played it? 1/2 vote to Leonhart, plz. Thank you. :p

Giz, I think it would be awesome if someone could review both these games. Somone who KNOWS how to party, who KNOWS how to prank, and who KNOWS how to scare the living shit out of people. They could use all of the bad things, maybe the good things (if I wasn't so sure there weren't any) of these submissions to give the community the opportunity to understand what makes/breaks a good Halloween game. Just a concept that I thought I'd pitch you.

---msw188 ---
Leonhart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not give an extension? I don't find it cool for them to choose between two games....
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might just be speaking for myself, but as nice as an extension sounds, the magic of Halloween is gone. Playing Halloween games now simply isn't the same... I played some of the older Halloween games this Halloween too, and they rock ten times harder on halloween night than they do at Christmas time, for example.

---msw188 ---
Leonhart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But... two games?

EDIT: well, now that I have read Leroy's post for the nth time... the talks of the Halloween spirit (Believe me. I didn't feel it here.), I seem to be getting his point. Well, let's just see what happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: