Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Rusalka!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdrianX
..yeah.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..thanks!..but:
Quote:
It has nothing to do with layers, I'm afraid.

..oh.. Neutral ..will the OHR ever support layers?..and maybe smooth scrolling..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OHR already has smooth scrolling. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Pepsi, the easiest way to do that is to turn off the map's display and use a plotscript with a textbox to simulate the display map name feature.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I am still a tad muddled, but that's best fixed with a little old-fashioned experimentation. After the Halloween contest.

Another question: I heard something about a new version of the master palette. Has that been implemented? I would be interested in seeing it.

This string management stuff will be a real boon for custom battle engines...
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pepsi, the easiest way to do that is to turn off the map's display and use a plotscript with a textbox to simulate the display map name feature.

Actually, it'd probably be easier to just display a string instead of using a textbox.
AdrianX
..yeah.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
The OHR already has smooth scrolling. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

..i meant "smoother" scrolling..OHR somewhat "frameskips" (like the feature the emulators have"..
..still,i wish the OHR have layers.. Oookay...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: about strings (this needs to go in the docs) Reply with quote

The Mad Cacti wrote:
WHOA there!

I stand corrected!
I am delighted that you went to the trouble of implementing string literal syntaxt correctly rather than the lazy way I would have done it if I had written the code ;)

Now that you point it out, I remember a conversation on the subject that we had on the subject back when you originally implemented this.

The Mad Cacti wrote:
There are other stack leaks. Every time you jump out of a WHILE with a GOTO in QB, you leak a little bit of stack. So if you quit to the title screen enough times, you will get an out of stack error. I think there was also another jump out of a while loop in the script interpreter.

All those evil gotos can be re-written so that the WHILE or DO exit in a leakless way. That is the purpose of http://hamsterrepublic.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=49

I already got rid of the easy ones, but there are still 29 GOTO's left in the code (not counting ON ERROR GOTO).

Pepsi Ranger wrote:
Please...please somebody write in a plotscript that offers the ability to turn off the map name upon entry. I need this for smooth cutscenes.

I just noticed the need for this too, when updating PushPush to use strings. I am not eager to disable map name display manually in each of 50 levels :P

Mr B wrote:
Another question: I heard something about a new version of the master palette. Has that been implemented? I would be interested in seeing it.

That got postponed, but it will still happen later. See http://hamsterrepublic.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=60

AdrianX wrote:
..i meant "smoother" scrolling..OHR somewhat "frameskips" (like the feature the emulators have"..
..still,i wish the OHR have layers.. ^^;

Are you using DOSBOX? It does frameskipping.

Or are you talking about OHR's low frame rate? (approx 16 fps)

As for layers, yes, that is currently still impossible. Maybe after the FreeBasic port is complete we can start thinking about that subject again.
Mike Caron
Technomancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the general public's edification, here is a list of things that WILL NOT HAPPEN any time soon, and yet people have asked about for Rusalka. These will take until the Windows port is complete. Actually, after, since we need time to implement them. So, I forcast at least 6 months, maybe a year, depending on the TLR*.

• Faces in text boxes
  • Transparent tiles/layers
  • A higher framerate
  • Support for real music

* - Team Laziness Rating = 1 / (<number of things team says it'll do> / <number of things gotten done>)

Final Fantasy Q
OHR Developer BLOG
Official OHRRPGCE Wiki and FAQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice formula, except that it's an overly complex way of saying (things done / things we said we'd do).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moog, I've been wondering... Is your sig from Team America World Police? Cause I find it amusing, at the moment I'm taking it to mean LOL at the formula, but I know he's screaming 'cause he can't act ^_^

Oh and Pkmnfrk, LOL at formula...
Mike Caron
Technomancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
That's a nice formula, except that it's an overly complex way of saying (things done / things we said we'd do).

Shut up, it's 2:00 am here. You know how I am this late at night/early in the morning. Besides, overly complex is my idiom.

Final Fantasy Q
OHR Developer BLOG
Official OHRRPGCE Wiki and FAQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take two of these and edit it in the morning.

Anyway, faces in text boxes can be done right now. Geesh.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AdrianX
..yeah.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: about strings (this needs to go in the docs) Reply with quote

James Paige wrote:

AdrianX wrote:
..still,i wish the OHR have layers.. Oookay...

Are you using DOSBOX? It does frameskipping.

Or are you talking about OHR's low frame rate? (approx 16 fps)

..yeah,i was talking about the frame rate. Oookay...
rpgspotKahn
Lets see...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for implementing the "Ctrl+T" translucent tile placing... Its pulled a huge thorn out my ass...

Now the only request I have for now is that the tilesets become bigger... Or a map is able to use more than 1 tileset...

Thanks guys

2nd Edition out now!
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris98 wrote:
Moog, I've been wondering... Is your sig from Team America World Police?

Yeah, since it outright says he's quoting me, NO.

And it took me a second to realize the boon we get out of strings. Strings are good. They are very good. I should do something with them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may be thinking of the avatar. I dunno, I never watched the movie, but the sig definitely isn't -- as Unc pointed out, it's even credited to him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: