Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Rusalka!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Mike Caron
Technomancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else to add to my list, which I see no point in editing:

• More tiles per tileset/tilesets per map

Final Fantasy Q
OHR Developer BLOG
Official OHRRPGCE Wiki and FAQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said before, please do not upgrade the game.exe in Sword of Jade's installation. I tested it for a short time (I don't have much) while visiting my mom's house yesterday and the game locked up and glitched out on me. Of course, this might have been a corrupt download, etc etc etc, but a patch/update will be needed anyway.

A Jade v.Rusalka patch should be available soon. Current Release date: March 2026

And to answer the question TMC will ask me, no, it's too late for Jade to take advantage of all the maps (he knows we cut some stuff to fit the game within those maps)... unless...
chris98

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
He may be thinking of the avatar. I dunno, I never watched the movie, but the sig definitely isn't -- as Unc pointed out, it's even credited to him.

I've remembered where I saw the avatar... Thunderbirds. Haven't seen it for ages, but one scene involved a baddy getting laughed at, and there were dramatic giggle shots like in your Avatar. Happy
Obright
Vestigial Organist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Rusalka' is a great update! Here's my top favorite additions:
-four words: PAUSE ON ALL BATTLE MENUS!
-transparent tiles
-poison/stun indicator
-even the possibility of an 'edit menu' mode (don't take it out, I don't CARE if it's implemented yet!...just let me, look at it...ok, I'm done being creepy.)

top things I'd like next:
-true global hero variables, so that they appear correctly in item 'about' lines, and in other places a hero's name can appear.
-customizable hero positions in battle (I'll stop pleading for this when it happens...hey, at least I found a way around the 'pictures in textbox' thing myself, so I'm not pleading for THAT anymore!...although a picture in a status menu would still be ni...I know, I'll shut up now.)
-fix the bug that causes NPC's to disappear when displaying a shop menu (is this even a bug?)
-battle plotscripts (because I'm a glutton for punishment, aparently)

I know a lot of this is probably already possible via plotscripting...and god knows IBM is not scrambling to recruit me, so...there's your grain of salt.

bla
Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
-true global hero variables, so that they appear correctly in item 'about' lines, and in other places a hero's name can appear.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this one, explain?

Quote:
-customizable hero positions in battle (I'll stop pleading for this when it happens...hey, at least I found a way around the 'pictures in textbox' thing myself, so I'm not pleading for THAT anymore!...although a picture in a status menu would still be ni...I know, I'll shut up now.)

We already have this, but you have to move the positions around for the walkabout order too. It's a command in the esc menu.

Quote:
-fix the bug that causes NPC's to disappear when displaying a shop menu (is this even a bug?)

Is it more than one NPC, or is it every NPC, and do they come back afterwards? (i dunno, i haven't played any OHR games in a while to see)
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hero variables": It's not just a problem with hero names, it's a problem with all textbox shortcuts. For example, it'd be nice to put a character's name into the caption for an attack (for dialogue), item description (Caleb's sword) or in a map name (Dusty's House).

Customizable hero positions: He means fully customizable. This has been discussed and maybe implemented already (but you'll have to wait for the next release).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about this NPC disappearing act for shops? I remember thinking about that way back, but forgot about it. How do people feel? Should NPCs still be visible while you are in a shop? Is this even possible? Can it be a general game bitset, perhaps?
Obright
Vestigial Organist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You know the 'about' line that you run across when making items? Well, all of the characters in my game are renameable, and there are weapon upgrade items which are specific for each character, so I wanted the 'about' line for these items to say 'equip on ${H1}', but have the hero variable to show up as 'equip on Arric', or whoever...which it doesn't do. These variables only seem to apply to text boxes, and so aren't really global, as I thought. I could just get over it and input something like 'equip on archer', and I probably will, if I have to. These variables also don't translate when items are displayed in shop menus, or anywhere else where the item 'about' line is displayed.

No, by 'customizable hero positions', I meant the ability to PLACE a hero anywhere on the battlefield...in the same way you place an enemy on the battlefield, not the team order. See your reasoning, but that's not what I meant...I probably could have said that in a better way. I mean hero 1 is always 'here' in this battle, and hero 2 is always 'here', etc., instead of being stuck in a chorus line. I guess you could even make your battles backwards, if you wanted to...with the heroes on the left and the enemies
on the right...although that's not why I want to use this feature.

Quote:

My shops are 'open air' style...like an ancient Greek stoa, so the NPC's that I'm using as trees in town all disappear, leaving the holes in the paving stones where they used to be (which looks bad). ALL of the NPC's disappear, save for the one that initiates the shop dialogue. All of the NPC's resume existing when you leave the shop menu. It's really no biggie or anything, just kinda weird.

Hopefully all my quotes worked this time...

Obright
Vestigial Organist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully all my quotes worked this time...which they didn't. I swear I'm the biggest idiot on earth. This worked before...sheesh.
Obright
Vestigial Organist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Customizable hero positions: He means fully customizable. This has been discussed and maybe implemented already (but you'll have to wait for the next release).
]

Your avatar has NOTHING on the smile on my face...I have him BEAT![/quote]
Obright
Vestigial Organist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RRgggh...Gnostic Kathar-sys: VILLAGE IDIOT SAVANT. (And you can QUOTE that...if you're smarter than me, aparently)
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
-four words: PAUSE ON ALL BATTLE MENUS!

Vestigial Organist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!!!!......OMG......I may have to stay away forever now. Well at least I know I'm an idiot...um, is there at least something to be said for being true to my claims? OMG...........I am RED in the face from that one.

.....OMG.......I'm not gonna even try to quote you....
jabbercat
Composer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no emoticon for this situation, except for maybe this one: Confused .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: