Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Rusalka!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obright
Vestigial Organist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh...I guess I've gotten over the worst symptoms of athelete's mouth. But I still feel pretty stupid. Especially when I think about the whole thing this way: I'm an artist...and HOW MANY TIMES have I gotten a commission from someone who didn't know ANYTHING about art...but that didn't stop them from barking out orders non-stop about what they wanted my artwork to do, to match their love seat or whatever...to the point that I'm like 'why don't you grab a brush and just do it yourself!'......that has to be pretty much what it's like to develop the OHRRPGCE engine, with techincal lowest-common-denominators like me constantly asking for the sun...when people are pouring their souls out for them...and not even asking for money for their troubles. I SWEAR I didn't mean to come off as ungrateful...I just wanted to contribute a little bit to a great thing. I have lots of friends, but as a game creator I am extremely isolated. I don't even have anyone to play-test my game, let alone give me feedback. That's why the OHR community is very important to me. Oh, and i figured out the problem I was having with the quotations in my post...I was opening up my replies in a new window, and the quotes weren't transposing themselves. I'm too new to this to know that the quotes wouldn't be in the posts after I submitted them, and I should have previewed them first. Sigh...live and learn, I guess. And to Moogle, if you're gonna zing someone, you might as well do it well...well done! I wish I could say I wasn't asking for it. If your other posts are any indication, I can discern that you probably didn't mean anything but harmless ribbing...and if I didn't already feel intellectually inferior, it probably wouldn't have embarrassed me so badly. And yes, Confused I think that's just about the perfect emoticon for this situation...except that the face isn't beet-red.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, don't worry about it. I'm not trying to make you look foolish. You can form complete sentences AND you have something playable with your name on it. That puts you in the upper ten percent here as far as I'm concerned.
Vestigial Organist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Moogle1"]Hey, don't worry about it. I'm not trying to make you look foolish.]

Whew, that's a relief...because it's one of the things that I'm good at, and I'd hate to have to hand over the controls! Ha ha ha!

...and HEY! The quote worked...I think.

Thanks, man
Obright
Vestigial Organist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMMITT!!! Pissed off! Pissed off! Pissed off!

At least I have a grasp on utilizing emoticons...
Rimudora
Psychopath yandere

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work, man. All you need now is mastery of the Edit button and the Holy Grail will be yours!!!
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, what happened here? Anyway,

Gnostic Kathar-sys wrote:
-true global hero variables, so that they appear correctly in item 'about' lines, and in other places a hero's name can appear.

Was suggested/planned and might someday happen. What strings need to be changed? Battle captions, item about lines, map lines, hero names, what have I forgotten?

-customizable hero positions in battle (I'll stop pleading for this when it happens...hey, at least I found a way around the 'pictures in textbox' thing myself, so I'm not pleading for THAT anymore!...although a picture in a status menu would still be ni...I know, I'll shut up now.)

Similiarly suggested. I think the plan was extra data in the formation lump or something.

-fix the bug that causes NPC's to disappear when displaying a shop menu (is this even a bug?)

It's not a bug, it's a feature thats always been there. But I can see how it might sometimes be a problem. Anyone else insterested in seeing this as a bitset? It should be easy to keep the npcs there.

-battle plotscripts (because I'm a glutton for punishment, aparently)

A plan of action to implementing battlescripting has been suggested, but nobody is following it yet. Maybe someday I'll cut out the HS interpreter in anticipation.
Obright
Vestigial Organist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rimudora wrote:
Good work, man. All you need now is mastery of the Edit button and the Holy Grail will be yours!!!

Too true, and despite what may appear obvious, I'm actually aware of the option to edit my posts, but if I can't post a quote correctly the first time...
well...I'm sorry for all the screwed-up posts, and I'm sorry for posting off-topic, and for all the other toes I've clumsily trod upon. One thing I will say, though Rimudora, You posted just about the coolest post I've ever read when you defended nintendork's games..no kidding, that post was awesome. I have a lot of respect for you for that, so please forgive my sloppy posts. I'm probably running into the problem with posting quotes because I'm trying to take parts of the quote out...along with bits of code (albeit inadvertantly) that were there for a reason as it turns out...you know, like neurosurgery with a weedeater. But i don't do it to flame, or disrupt in any way, I do it because I'm...not very good at this yet and I don't really know how else to say it...

...and thanks, IM Happy

Last edited by Obright on Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People appreciate it when you edit instead of double-posting.
Vestigial Organist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
People appreciate it when you edit instead of double-posting.

...especially when the second post is only to say how messed up the first one was, instead of just fixing it...I know, please just be patient with me...
I'm sure I will get the hang of this.
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mad Cacti wrote:
Oh dear, what happened here? Anyway,

-true global hero variables, so that they appear correctly in item 'about' lines, and in other places a hero's name can appear.

Was suggested/planned and might someday happen. What strings need to be changed? Battle captions, item about lines, map lines, hero names, what have I forgotten?

I still want spell descriptions...

-fix the bug that causes NPC's to disappear when displaying a shop menu (is this even a bug?)

The Mad Cacti wrote:

It's not a bug, it's a feature thats always been there. But I can see how it might sometimes be a problem. Anyone else insterested in seeing this as a bitset? It should be easy to keep the npcs there.

I would at least like an option where one can turn this feature on or off in game general bitsets. And turn it on or off with plotscripting in certain situations, but that last part would be a bonus.

PS: Yer doing great, Kathar. So far, I'd say yer one of the more mature beginners we've had here in a long time.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: