Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

New Idea
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monheart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: New Idea Reply with quote

I haven't been hanging around the boards that much lately, I apologize for that. I was never actually gone, I was just off doing other things. A few mouths ago, I got a new game idea that kinda stuck on me, untill I started to actually play it out. this new project is nothing new, I don't plan on makeing something awe-inspiring new, or something the OHR hasn't ever seen before, I just plan on making a quality game using all the techniques of quality i've seen and learned.

I'm afraid my only downfall, is my tendency to leave projects unfinished. I hope to get this project out as a demo if nothing else. Of course, I'm really afraid of my particular downfall on this particular project, because this project is the most complex I've concocted yet. I don't really want to spoil anything for anyone, I want to try and keep it hush hush as long as I can. But this topic is meant as a hint that something big MAY come around. Perhaps the biggest thing since OHR tactics. Rolling Eyes

Also, I hope for a little encouragement too. I know that all my past projects have sort of flopped. (To Kill a Mockingbird, TaoMeow (only because of some wierd bug...) and my Plotscripting tutorials.) so I hope with some encuragement, maybe I can stick with this new one long enough to get it done. I also hope that if this post strikes any attention, maybe that will allow me to leak some tasty info about it.

also, for anyone who is wondering, I still have all the info for my plotscripting tutorials, however, I need help figuring out how to get them back up. Big grin
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you'd like some general community support for a game that you certainly won't finish but may or may not get a demo out of? Uh...

...thanks for posting, Mon. Huh?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Grandtrain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You considered TaoMeow a flop? What?!?!
Monheart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it kinda goes under the same idea. I don't intend for the comunity to help in any way directly for this game. (although if I get far enough, I may do something special with it, but for now it's not likely.) I'm hoping for some more personal support. You see, I never really got as much praise as I hoped with my previous games (TaoMeow was a disappointment to me because I poured my heart and soul into it for three years about, and it got little decent feedback. Also, I've almost given up working on it due to some strange unexplainable bug.) Also, TaoMeow was never really discussed again, let alone reveiwed. So it must be a flop, because I have no way of knowing how good it is.

Again, I don't need any direct help from the community, I just hope that I'll get support for my efforts. Ha ha ha!
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why you're saying you're not wanting help from the community, but complaining because the community didn't help you. Most people really didn't see Taomeow. I would have played it, but it crased after the first fight. I must say though, the intro was incredible.
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taomeow was incredible.
though, there was a few places it could improve on, it showed that you planned well a head for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaoMeow was a very cool game, but at the time I stopped playing it about 1 min into the real gameplay because of that stupid MP bug, and the fact that all spells were enabled. I will play it again, but yeah, I too was surprised about the lack of comment about it.
However, it now regually appears in the top 20 or so of best games for the OHR lists, so its not forgotten (would probably get higher, but not so many have played it)

As for you project, I'm planning 3 or 4 'interesting new use for the OHR' projects myself, and I have exactly the same problem as you, but much worse. If you can keep at something for 3 years, you're my hero.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a tendency to leave games unfinished........join the club. Big grin

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
no_shot
Surpasses you in poetical prowess

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to deflate your ego or anything, but there are no new ideas. You can't possibly have a new idea because, there are none. There is no such thing as a new idea. All you can do is take the same old idea and do new things with it.
Durandal
Colony Ship for sale, cheap

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no_shot wrote:
I don't mean to deflate your ego or anything, but there are no new ideas. You can't possibly have a new idea because, there are none. There is no such thing as a new idea. All you can do is take the same old idea and do new things with it.

Wow man that's so deep! Your e-penis must be huge to hold such cynical views! Linkin Park understands you too, right?
Hunter Green
About to beat this double head with a pipe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either Durandural is Knoodle, or CP has become a magnet for people who namedrop something awful jokes and are annoying.
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Either Durandural is Knoodle, or CP has become a magnet for people who namedrop something awful jokes and are annoying.

I dunno. His insults are slightly more coherent than Knoodle's and in some cases (this one for example) he insults someone who actually deserves it.
Monheart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geez! Rolling Eyes Cut it out you guys! No Shot is right in a way. My idea is new for the fact that I haven't done it before. It's true that I don't plan on making anything we haven't seen before, as I said before, my idea is just to put it all together. It's comming along beautifully too, for as far as I've gotten. I didn't make this post as an argument, so I wish that it doesn't end this way. Please stop.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess who it was after all?

Hunter, you owe me on that bet we made in mIRC by the way.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Monheart,

As for TeoMeow, I never told anyone, but the results of that stupid game of the year thing I did on Zant (last year I think), TaoMeow cleaned out everybody (something like 10 votes total, 6 for TaoMeow)

...and I never played it. Oops.

Anyway, look forward to whatever you are churning up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: