Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

OHFont Package

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: OHFont Package Reply with quote

This was a dumb little idea I had the other day that could prove quite useful. I may even just do it on my Angelfire space and create a link to it.

The idea was this:
That anyone who makes their own original OHR fonts donate them to a small webpage for others to use. I'm sure that some people hate looking at the default font all the time and want to do something different, but don't have the skill to make their own.
If you are willing to donate your fonts, send them to me via e-mail at:
Setu_the_Dragonslayer@otakumail.com

and I will make a web page for it.

Otherwise, if you think this is a good idea or a bad idea and don't want to donate, feel free to reply.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do know that in the past there was a webpage that had OHR fonts up for download. I assume that site went the way of the Dodo, like all the other disconnected OHR sites, but I actually found that to be a good idea. You should talk to James and see if he knows the link of that site. It has some good fonts, but you'd probably need the authors permission to use them (although some were made by James, himself, I believe).

Bottom line: Yes, it's a good idea, and would come in handy. It's one of those things I'd like to see Castle Paradox have, because then it would be easy to grow and more accessable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a cool idea. I just sent one in.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to take "The Crystal Globe"'s old english font. I have a really maimed Stop font you can have too (see screenshots under "Secret Project" game) if you want it.
Me
HI.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an unholy craplaod of various random item font graphics things . . . basically every weapon and item type you can think of represented in OHR fonts. While it's not a technical font with different looking letters, it is nice for item and stat names. I'll send it over.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I'm have the space set up for it, but Iblis' font is the only one I have right at the moment. I'm going to wait until I have a decent library going before I announce it.

I'm also going to throw in the .hack//OHR and Courier fonts that I made for NK3 and Hoshima.

And Me, your idea will come in very useful in some people's games. I like that.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Quinn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
don't have the skill to make their own.

That is me, I am really bad at making fonts and I think this is a great idea. I will definitely download some if this goes up.

Game Progress:
Emoticons-25% graphics(75%), story(50%)
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes "an unholy crapload" of time to make your own fonts from scratch. I am starting to modify the original font in my game. It looks annoying at the moment. But then I got an idea. We should have some funny looking fonts. I know some of you probobly couldn't help but think the same thing. Make a crazy one! Big grin

Then I got another crazy idea. At first I thought this thread was about making different fonts for CP it's self. Then I saw it was a recruiting thread. I hope I don't sound absolutely stupid for saying this (but by now I am used to it), but what about new fonts for CP posts? I don't mean unreadable ones, but I think that might add character to this forum. Don't you?

Sorry to change the topic there, but I wanted to keep font subjects in their place... Yea... Feel free to move it if necessary, but I want your opinion. Neutral

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: