Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

HELP ME... HELP ME...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midgard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: HELP ME... HELP ME... Reply with quote

I want 2 make an event in my gme where u push a lever n then a tile will b erased n then the door will open.

also works when i talk to a person then i go to another person and he do something.

once that person does sumting, i return to the last person and he does sumting else.

How do i do it with notepad?
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run through PSTutor. It might help you.

Also, if you want to manipulate tiles, use "write map block", and familiarize yourself with the plotscript dictionary. There's also a line in the "edit npcs" menu in the map editor, that you can call scripts from.

Don't use Notepad. HSSEDitor is more convenient, as it has a built-in command dictionary, and you can compile scripts from the pull-down menu.

Lastly, please practice proper grammar. Hspeak will through a bigger hissy fit than I will here if you use the same bad grammar in your plotscripts.

Oh, and, good luck...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Leonhart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, Midgard. Please...
Midgard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh?

Where can i see write map block?
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find all of the information you could possibly need under the section titled "tweaking Maps".

Also If you can't run HssEd.exe, then you will HAVE TO use Note pad. I know because mine wouldn't work for a while.

This is how you turn the txt file you get from the note pad into a .hss file. it is quite simple actually which is good. Just rename the file as .hss and then drag that file to your Hspeak.exe file where it will be converted like any other file is when you compile them. Basically this will compile your new .hss file. Of course I could be wrong... But I am pretty sure it works. Try it for yourself. And remember that only use this method if you can't run HsEd.exe... XD

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold. That's not needed. HSpeak compiles .txt files. Just type it up as a txt file, or whatever you want, and drag it onto HSpeak.exe

Midgard: Read the plotscripting dictionary. It will tell you everything plotscripting can do and how to do it.
Leonhart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm into notepad, too. I feel uncomfortable using hssed.
Midgard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now, i made an item that heal a chracter
how do i do it with plotscripting or in the easiest way? i search the
dictionry but cant find anything. thank u
junahu
Custom Title: 45 character limit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.hamsterrepublic.com has a questions document that answers all non plotscripting problems and a hamsterspeak tutorial and a hamsterspeak syntax explanation page to help with any plotscripting problems.

Easiest way to make healing items is make an item perform an attack when used in or out of battle. The attack should be pure damage and set the attack bitsets 'cure instead of harm' and 'useable outside battle' to on. Items should usually be consumed by use as well (it's all explained in Paige's help files).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum