Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Scary Game 3 underway
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Scary Game 3 underway Reply with quote

Scary Game 3: Kyle's Mansion

October 31, 2004. Television and radio transmissions nationwide are cut by a chilling announcement: "Deliver the world's candy supplies to Scary Mansion by midnight or I will destroy the world!" Bush, with re-elections right around the corner, hops on the air to announce that, like always, "We will not negotiate with terrorists. Even if he has a nucular energy weapon missile."

"Only one person could be behind this," thinks Eric. "Could Kyle have really gone off the deep end this time?" Help Eric invade Scary Mansion and stop Kyle before the clock hits twelve... The nation's fate lies in your hands!

Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin

Yep, Scary Game 3 is now in production... officially. I have no screens to post yet, since the game was JUST started. Speaking of which, I am looking for a (very) good tilist for the game. Anyone interested, please reply and include a screenshot or sample of your work.
Velduanga
I heard there were bagels here...

Location: A town away from White Owl, I kid you not, unless he moved.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. The legend doesn't let up does he. Long anticipation for this one, since I loved SG1 when it first came out.

"If it's worth shooting, it's worth shooting twice"-Tom Clancy
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INSANITY.

Can't wait to see this sucker.
SunsOfFlame

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halloween is looking good. (Halloween Quest and Scary Game 3)

Yay.
Rolling Stone
Bastard Gunslinger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd volunteer for the honor of working on a Moogle game, but I'm afraid I have my hands full. Even if I have until October to finish them, I'm afraid I won't have time to do anything more than one tileset.

But if it's not too expansive of a task, as in a hundred tiles or less, I could possibly audition.

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=620
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to audition, though I am a bit cluttered up with assignments and projects right now... Oookay...
I'll see what I can do after the weekends Big grin

look forward to this, either way
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
planethunter
Lost In Emotion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I was big fan of the SG1 and 2 games, can't wait for number 3.
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SunsOfFlame wrote:
Halloween is looking good. (Halloween Quest and Scary Game 3)

Yay.

Ummm... Halloween Quest 2. Anyways, good luck Moogle1. I'd volunteer to help, but unfortunately, I am not that great of a tilest, and I am slam full with HQ2 stuff. But I wish you the best of luck.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard from Shaede that you two are planning on porting MageClash to OHR. When's that happening?

I really ought to go through the O:OHR archives and grab some old games...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shaede
Tuck in your shirt.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I heard from Shaede that you two are planning on porting MageClash to OHR. When's that happening?

I don't remember saying that! Ha ha ha!

If anything, Mageclash will be ported to Dark Basic, I suspect.

But thats besides the point. Good luck, Moogle1! I hate to sound like every other reply, but oh well: I'd help, but my hands are full with other projects (including FF Gaiden).
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaede: Yeah, that's why I didn't ask. Oookay...

Re Mageclash: I was thinking about doing an OHR port, thinking of some neat effects which would be fun and easy to do in OHR, but I will probably end up doing it in DB, like Shaede said. When that time comes (it is my next planned project), I will need gfx men for that, too. I have some character and level sketches which I may or may not use for the game, but they are uncolored sketches. The game itself is already 90% planned out, including characters (there are 11, each with unique abilities), levels (there are 20 planned currently), playmodes (there will be lots), spells (around 12 sphere types and 50+ total spells) and more. For those who don't know what Mageclash is, try to find yourself a copy on IRC... I believe quite a few people have a version. I do. Good game (I consider it my personal best). The remake/sequel will be many times better. I have a real soft spot for this game -- I kid you not when I say I will submit the remake to Squaresoft to get on their team as a game designer. (If they reject it, I'll redo all the characters and submit it to another company, then screw Squaresoft.)

Re SG3: Fenix is doing the maptiles. Big grin I will give him the option of also doing cutscene graphics (I'm not planning on too many, given the nature of the game); if he doesn't care to, then that job's in the air as well.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it.
Hrm... Coulda swore he did say that, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Serg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: a level 1 sprite and tile maker Reply with quote

Idea sup moogle, it sure is good to have the plotscript pro back and see what ohr games you come up with. well what do u think of my sprites and tiles, im not busy at the moment so give me a IM if you want, jpeg really blurs the pic up a bit, sorry but i dont know on which site to put it on, if i did i'd put up the bitmap version. if you want check out my text box face demo by some chance you might like it, but anyway heres a mini game for you, name those sprites. Idea

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=135

TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see you've put up a new version, I'll check it out.

If you want undistorted sprites,
USE PNG!!!
Shaede
Tuck in your shirt.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mad Cacti wrote:
Ah, I see you've put up a new version, I'll check it out.

If you want undistorted sprites,
USE PNG!!!

I'd recommend gifs, myself. Its not like the OHR handles more colors then a gif can. Also, gifs are more browser friendly.

Quote:
Hrm... Coulda swore he did say that, though.

How long ago? I don't remember ever even once thinking about an OHR Mageclash port, honestly. Oookay...

I've always wanted to see a Mageclash that had smoother graphics and controls as well as being fast paced and fun. Also, Moogle, I will help any and every way I can for an update to that game, even from Dallas (even though you probably already assumed that). I may be busy with stuff now, but for Mageclash, I will make time. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: