Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Hey can you gamers out there direct me?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
knight_00000
Monkeez wit Gunz!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Hey can you gamers out there direct me? Reply with quote

Yeah I pretty much quit game making all together with the OHRRPGCE, just not much of a game making hobbyist as I was a few years back; I would however like to find some cool OHR games to play for fun. Can you gamers here direct me towards any games worth playing. I'm mostly looking for RPGs that will take a long time to beat (and by long I don't mean 10 hours of random encounters, I mean storyline) perhaps some non RPGs that have a good replay value (like Scary Game 2 was great for replay value).

Thanks to anyone who can help me out here.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trail fuckin Blazers XD
klassenburger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm, City of Dreams is amazing.
Dan the Man Entertainment

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARFENHOUSE #!!!!!1 is a funny game. Just don't bother with the sequel.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crescent Dream, Ends of the Earth 2, and Genesis are some faily good RPGs to look at.

Sheep Rancher, Walrus Chef, and Break Up (down?) make for good puzzle games.

OHRdate is a lengthy, but well made dating Sim. Play its sequel too.

Trailblazers is one of the best frickin OHR games made to date and it's a platformer. OHRadius has the distinction of being the first 'shooter'. Smokey McGoo is a good example of a Zelda-type game.

OHRhouse, Gato Sucio, WalthrUs, Arfenhouse 3, and all of the OMGTIZROXORS games are considered the standard of OHR humor.

And you'll eventually play FFH since by this point 99% of the community has anyway. Make your own judgements on it.

Avoid Magnus, Orange Cru, the earlier Mr. Triangle games (4 and 5 are acceptible however), Patamon's Adventure, Billy the Gnome, and most of the games made for the Original Terrible Games Contest & v1.WTF. Also avoid Barely Legal Bitches and Hentai Quest on account of the high sexual content.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Break Up (down?)

Blow Up.

Quote:
Also avoid Barely Legal Bitches and Hentai Quest on account of the high sexual content.

Five bucks says he'll now download these first. Raspberry!

I second Ends of the Earth 2. If you are looking for good RPGs, start with that.

There are lots of good non RPGs too. If you really want to see, hit "Top 25" on the "Highest Rated" and you'll get a list of great games (but you can't be 100% sure on the ones with only one review Raspberry!)

Top downloaded is another indication about what is popular, but popular doesn't always equal good (like Destiny Warrior and Bomberman or whatever are up there. Ugh)
Tsunamidog
banned...but not really.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purgatory, Crescent Dream, Seventh Day, and Time Flies. Those are some of them I can think of.

The Above Statement Is False
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lolsidothaldremobine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Calehay
...yeah.
Class B Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Games Reply with quote

Timestream Saga 2nd Edition.
Crescent Dream
FFH-2 (Good until a certain portion. I had to go into the game and edit a few things.)
Time Flies
Wingedmene (I didn't like it all that much, but it's still a good game.)
&And (Avoid if you don't like battles every few steps.)
Tilde and the Mask of Raspberry! (Read warning above. Note: I'm still playing this one, but so far it's interesting and not at all cheesy like it would seem to be.)
.hack//OHR (While this is very dissapointing at the end of the demo, it's still fun to play while it lasts.)
Neo Krysta II (While not great, it's still interesting. (Note: I'm still playing this one as well.)
Trailblazers (After getting use to the awkward control scheme (For us console games, it's reversed) it's not too bad, but it's really, REALLY, hard.)
Endless Saga (AWESOME! The graphics aren't all that great, but they do a good job.)
Purgatory OST I know this isn't a game, but it will creep you the f*** out.
Genesis (Great!)

Avoid at all costs (Unless you just want to play them.)
Neo Krysta I (This game gave me a headache. It's an example of how having flat tiles in a game ruin the experience.)
Shade and it's sequel (Do avoid this! It's story is dry and boring and completely horrible. Sadly, it was the first game that I played in the OHRRPGCE. Not only is the story bad, the graphics have no work into them. (I mean, you could at least use a skin color for skin!))
Autumn Dream (Actually, this one's not all that bad. I thought the story was way too childish for the subject matter.)
Motherland 1.5 (I'm still playing this one, but for right now, it stays. The story will seem interesting (If you like that Fantasy fiction stuff they're throwing out on the market.) , but when you enter the battles and start to actually notice that the game tries to be more of a novel then a game (Otherwords, the battles have few choices and there are half a million textboxes of text that you slog through. I tend to sometimes read text aloud when playing a game (kinda like a cold reading of a play) and after the first scene I was just tired of it.) Still download for a look at some nice graphics.
Barely Legal B****es Repetitive gameplay that never really made sense to me just didn't click (the opening letter was funny)
Blu Eternal (for now) Wait until it's updated because right now, it's hardly any gameplay (The graphics are great.)
Eternal dark If it's updated, it might be interesting. Don't let the picture fool you.
Far quest The "game" has no storyline yet, and the graphics aren't all that great. The annoying ass song that continues to play in the background only makes it worse.
Final Fantasy EX (again, for now.) Since most of it's ripped and the story right now seems to be the same as FF6's, avoid.
Frozen Oh, please stop yourself from playing this! Not only do the graphics give you a headache, the story is intelligible. "The planets freezing!" Why? "You will go save the planet!" Why this character? Why not him over there? "I won't let you in my village!" Why? And maybe the worst part is the things that fly out and kill you for no apparent reason. And thus, the deletion of the game.
Harlock and Rinku's game This is probably because of my hate of game with different endings (Though I liked way of the Samurai) This one is probably because I thought the battles were too hard and the ending that seemed to make sense just ended up being the worst ending.
Hikari no Senshi This game isn't bad, it's just really boring for a while. It seems like it's going to be a CLAMP like story though, so keep your eyes open to it.
Soulfire (I beg of you, don't play it. It makes no sense whatsoever.)
Super Battle Engine '04 (I was tricked into thinking it was a game
Winterfold It could be real awesome, keep an eye on it.

Keep an eye on
Verdimea (I'm sorry, I had to do.) This game will probably end up being newbie trash, like most peoples first games, but I'm trying to do it in style.
Final Fantasy Gaiden Looks like it's gonna be awesome (plus, I might be composing some music for it.)
Blu Eternal
Eternal Dark
Winterfold
Timestream saga (to be finished, still check it out now!)

But the best thing for you to do is get back into making RPGs. It's a very rewarding experience to have people talk about something you made. (Ex. Verdimea OST) If you're having problems with stuff like graphics, Tsugumo's pixel tutorial is awesome. If it's just getting an idea through to players, try Rinku's guide (it's amazing!)

(Sorry this was so long)

Edit: Forgot to say
People have said that Ends of the Earth 1 and 2 were good. Wasn't Inferior Minion making a website with split .rpg files. I kind of like wasn't able to get to the internet during that whole time.
Uncommon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tilde and the Mask of :P is one of the most overhyped and bland games on the list. Ignore it.

And Super Battle Engine '04 was a joke made for the first Terrible Games Contest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Calehay
...yeah.
Class B Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Huh? Reply with quote

How can you say that? It seems like it has an interesting idea so far.
Uncommon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very easily, I assure you.
It's whole "Never help anybody. Ever" message was awful, and the gameplay was highly lacking. Just wait till you get other characters. They can't do anything.
The whole experience was just unfulfilling.

That said, if you want to see a game in which Harlock isn't hindered by Rinku's silly mistakes, play Spellshard: The Black Crown of Horgoth.
That is some quality gaming.
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Break up?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Super Battle Engine '04

The fact that it has over 100 downloads provides me with daily humor.

Quote:
Break up?!

That would be OHR-Date 1.5.

FFH-2 isn't worth your time, niether is Tilde (it isn't nearly done enough). &And is entertaining if you are bored to death (similar to .hack//OHR). Neo Krysta is ok too, I suppose.

If you want brain benders (that also happen to be beautiful), I recommend City of Dreams and Purgatory. Both are fantastic.
Calehay
...yeah.
Class B Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Shadowii Reply with quote

Damn you shadowii Pissed off! Ha ha ha!

Edit: Completely forgot
FFH-2 is okay. (Maybe I should stop bringing up games as good or bad. I really start things. Ex. Check out the posts in that Game Design one where I talk about FF7.) It's really more up to the player to decide if it's good or not. I get that kind of vibe from it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: