Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

FF7-2 graphics and artwork
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sephyroth
Renegade Rebel Redmage
Class A Minstrel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: FF7-2 graphics and artwork Reply with quote

Now, as some of you might know, Seffy is making a pathetic excuse of a fan sequel to FF7. Although he has already acknowledged how pathetic it is for someone who's never finished a full serious game before in his life, he would like to at least believe his graphics are fairly decent. So, let us humor a dying man's last wish.

All graphics ripped courtesy of YSoft's miracle machine OHR graphics extractor. (click on the image to make it bigger)

The one on the top is Riphe, the main hero. I've changed his costume a bit, and got rid of the Buster Sword. Of course, this means that the title screen is going to have to be changed around a bit. The hurt and weak pictures are the same as the stepping one, and I haven't finished the dead sprite yet (GOD I hate those)
The one on the bottom is Arlia, Riphe's sister. She's supposed to have blue hair, but I forgot to change the palette when I was ripping the graphics. Oops.

Last edited by Sephyroth on Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
St. Ajora
Bloody Angel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: FF7-2 graphics Reply with quote

Sephyroth wrote:
The hurt and weak pictures are the same as the stepping one, and I haven't finished the dead sprite yet (GOD I hate those)

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who hates the dead sprite.
Rolling Stone
Bastard Gunslinger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever made a game that needed more than one hero character, so dead hero always means game over in my games. For this reason I've never had to bother with dead sprites... Oh wait, Transylvania had Frankenstein, I used tombstones instead of dead bodies because it fit the Transylvania mood better and took less time to draw!

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=620
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty good, Sephy. I'm never too happy with characters who're all dressed in one color, I always love colorful, but, they probably fit the theme, and they're drawn terrificly.
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. And it seems like you are putting a lot of hard work into this game. Keep it up.
rpgspotkale
ME Akume

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey is the guy with the grey hair and the sword supposed to be Cloud? An the chick Tifa...or are they new charcters?

For ideas for this game I sugest you watch 'Final Fantacy 7 Advent children'. (Its looks legendary!!)
Sephyroth
Renegade Rebel Redmage
Class A Minstrel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..shut up.
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpgspotkale wrote:
Hey is the guy with the grey hair and the sword supposed to be Cloud? An the chick Tifa...or are they new charcters?

Did you even READ his post?

Sephyroth wrote:
The one on the top is Riphe, the main hero.
The one on the bottom is Arlia, Riphe's sister.

Those sentances there completely answered your question before you even asked it. If you're ever going to get people to start taking you seriously, then you have to at least fake paying attention. This is why whenever you post something, we all laugh at you or slap our foreheads and groan. This isn't to say your post was completely useless. We at least know now that you're familiar with the FF7 world and its characters. It's not a complete loss.

Sephy - looking good, though the monochromatic costume is just kind of dull. I'd add a colored headband, or possibly shin guards, just to break it up.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with fen. The shading/poses are nice, but that's a hell-ov-a-lot of brown you got going on there. Raspberry!
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did also say that he screwed up the palette on the second character. Still, more color variation is in order.
Sephyroth
Renegade Rebel Redmage
Class A Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to say that there's an aesthetic explanation for the lack of color variation (due to Riphe being a dark character and other bull like that), but that truth is that it's a problem with all of my sprites.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'd look pretty messed up with a headband or shin guards. Riphe might be able to get away with it, but Arlia, despite being in the wrong palette, looks like she'd still be all the same color, so she might need some help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sephyroth
Renegade Rebel Redmage
Class A Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, seems like this is a pretty serious problem. I'll try to add some more color variety to the sprites.

In addition: *Updated title logo taking into account the fact that character costumes have been changed*

..a-and, the gradient-ized version.

Calehay
...yeah.
Class B Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like these.

Riphe- I think to help the color contrast, you should add the white that appears in the concept art. I think that will help a lot.
I'm assuming that the hand and sword are drawn as weapons in AtkB.
I would draw at least a seperate hurt animation. His StepB doesn't really look to much like he's being hurt. (It might in the midst of battle, but I don't know. It's something to be wary of. I'd try it out and see how people respond.)

Arlia- I like her, but is she going to have on brown too? Or was that a palette error as well?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: