Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

A noob union
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Machu
Righter, a person who rights wrongs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever.

So, who's still working on games, eh?
[*]Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing
no_shot
Surpasses you in poetical prowess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If noobs are going to be subject to disdain, then so should the rest of us.

Everyone is subject to disdain. The difference is how they handle it. That's what separates a "n00b" from a "non-n00b".
Battleblaze
Warrior Thread Monk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I a still a noob Razz ?

"Aeth calls PHC an anti-semite; PHC blames anti-semitism"
-squall
Sephyroth
Renegade Rebel Redmage
Class A Minstrel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need someone else to answer that question for you, then you probably are.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raspberry! doesn't help.
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have to define newb now? -.-

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen up, 'cause I'm only gonna be saying this once:

Quit worrying about whether you're a newb or not, and go out and make some games. There is no act that will gain you the respect of your peers faster, than through making games, and accepting constructive criticism rationally. And when I say accept Constructive Criticism, I don't mean you necessarly have to act on it, but accept it reasonably, and don't hold a grudge against whoever said it. Newb is really more a state of mind. There's people who've been here for years who are still newbs, and people who have showed up here, who haven't EVER been a newb. Just focus on being legible, concise, and on topic.

EDIT: And, let me just say, that I think a Newb Union is a pretty bad idea. It's not because I don't think that everyone needs to give the newbs a little space to grow, it's because I think there's enough apathy, and newbs who expect never to have to lift a finger, and thing they'll get praised for their lack of effort. With a Union, no matter what anyone said against a newbie game, it'd be "Back off, he's new" and that's just not a good way to learn. If no one points out when you've made a mistake, and you don't realize it yourself, there's no way to learn.

Last edited by Gizmog1 on Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then there's those of us that have been around so stinkin' long that no one remembers whether they were noobs.
E Pluribus Unum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the terms of "veteran" and "newbie" don't really exist and are unuseful. I prefer the terms "effortized" and "disregard"
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with proposed terminology, because some newbs really do put forth an effort to express their ideas, but are simply incapable, and require to learn. Disregard also does not fully grasp the situation, and in fact, I find a hard time figuring how to apply it all. I feel Newb and Veteran are real established, and concrete enough, but that's getting off the topic a bit. However, I would not say that everyone who isn't a newb is a Veteran. A veteran is a user like Moogle, or Rinku, or Retro, with whom everyone is rather familliar, though perhaps misguided on, but they at least could name their games, and have probably played at least one. I do, however, dislike the term middlebie, and should hope to lobby it be replaced with "User".
Joe Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall organise people into the following groups:

n00b
newb
jerk
regular
l33t

Now, this is how it works:

n00bs are annoying idiots ho tlk lkie htis + egspegt 2 b rezbegted. They also are AOL fanatics and often speak AOL (which is different from l33t. English: The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. l33t: Th3 qu1ck br0wn f0x jump3d 0v3r th3 l4zy d0g. AOL: DA QUIK BROWN FOX JUMPAD OVAR TEH LAZY DOG). The only use for a n00b is to be ignored and banned from making new topics because they always go away after a little while. Eventually, it is possible that they may return as regulars.

Newbs are just new members. They are intellegent and have valulable input, though they probobly won't get any of the inside jokes.

A jerk is like a n00b exept intellegent and intentionally annoying. They usually start flamewars and love trolling.

Regulars are like newbs exept more advanced. They know and understand the members, and can be helpful.

l33t: the true masters of the forum, much like rmuser is to emptv and absforums. They know all, see all, hear all, and can sniff out fear across miles of telephone wireing. They are highly intellegent and have incredible senses of humor, and would rather have fun with a n00b thread than delete it.

Maybe that will help you people.

Last edited by Joe Man on Fri Dec 13, 1957 1:21 am; edited 2,892 time in total
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPGCreations wrote:
the terms of "veteran" and "newbie" don't really exist and are unuseful.

Of course they exist. They're just unuseful as classifications.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Machu
Righter, a person who rights wrongs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur.
[*]Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing
Tsunamidog
banned...but not really.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Man wrote:
I shall organise people into the following groups:

n00b
newb
jerk
regular
l33t

Now, this is how it works:

n00bs are annoying idiots ho tlk lkie htis + egspegt 2 b rezbegted. They also are AOL fanatics and often speak AOL (which is different from l33t. English: The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. l33t: Th3 qu1ck br0wn f0x jump3d 0v3r th3 l4zy d0g. AOL: DA QUIK BROWN FOX JUMPAD OVAR TEH LAZY DOG). The only use for a n00b is to be ignored and banned from making new topics because they always go away after a little while. Eventually, it is possible that they may return as regulars.

Newbs are just new members. They are intellegent and have valulable input, though they probobly won't get any of the inside jokes.

A jerk is like a n00b exept intellegent and intentionally annoying. They usually start flamewars and love trolling.

Regulars are like newbs exept more advanced. They know and understand the members, and can be helpful.

l33t: the true masters of the forum, much like rmuser is to emptv and absforums. They know all, see all, hear all, and can sniff out fear across miles of telephone wireing. They are highly intellegent and have incredible senses of humor, and would rather have fun with a n00b thread than delete it.

Maybe that will help you people.

I disagree with your list, it should be: nOObs and Not nOObs. It would be alot simpler.

The Above Statement Is False
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: