Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Eggie's Gonna draw furries 'til we all die!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eggie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Eggie's Gonna draw furries 'til we all die! Reply with quote

http://www.deviantart.com/view/14301631/

I drew this in January. Furries, oh no.

Last edited by Eggie on Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Zombie Hunter Green
Keeps on picking the Rayon Launcher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. You've finally honed your skill the point where it can pass as generic. Now it's just kind of boring without crazy shit and linkin park lyrics, though.

That's just the way life goes, I guess.
Joe Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHH!! SHEILD YOUR EYES!!!! EGGIE'S DRAWN MORE FURRIES!!!

Last edited by Joe Man on Fri Dec 13, 1957 1:21 am; edited 2,892 time in total
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes. I knew you had made a come back when I noticed your art here by complete chance. Like I said; you have definitely come a long ways with your coloring skills especially. I still think your characters look a bit too "twiggy" though. They are liked semi-pumped stick men. Your designs, however, I have a better admiration for. Keep on keepin' on, buddy.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sephyroth
Renegade Rebel Redmage
Class A Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get how some people get ass-loads of comments on their Deviant Art while others don't get noticed for jack. Crying
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first impression of this was: he is constipated and trying to stick his face in her breasts, and she is having sex with someone below who we can't see. Seriously, those expressions are fucked up.

The ears are flat, like jagged pieces of construction paper or something. And they're not in any kind of interesting position. When you're drawing canines, ears can be a good way to express emotion. You should try to use that.

The arms are all freakishly thin. There's no way they'd ever be able to move them.

The coloring is boring, but I guess the shading is okay. I will admit, I suck at shading furries, so I don't have much advise to offer here. His tears are white though, that's really weird.

I was impressed to see a list of comments on DA that didn't contain the word "kawaii," especially on a furry pic. They're all still useless though.
Eggie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie Hunter Green wrote:
Wow. You've finally honed your skill the point where it can pass as generic. Now it's just kind of boring without crazy shit and linkin park lyrics, though.

That's just the way life goes, I guess.

I don't know what your point is, or even if you have a point, so I am just going to ignore that post.

Points taken, Iblis and Leroy. We shall see me improve in the muscularity and poses.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iblis wrote:
When you're drawing canines, ears can be a good way to express emotion.

This is one of the major reasons Furry artists give for why their works are more expressive than other artforms. It's also because human beings have a genetic predisposition to tell how their pets are feeling by watching for subtle behavioural clues. Case in point - getting out of my truck I bang my head against the doorframe (screaming "Itai") - which in turn prompts my dog to flatten his ears against the back of his head and give me an expression that seems to say "you dumbfuck". There's no ambiguity in telling pretty much what he's thinking. The same principle can be applied to furry art, provided the expressions/body language match the emotion you're trying to convey.
Eggie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I use the animal characteristics to show emotion? Got it.

'Till I draw expression with furries, look at this. Caution, you may want to kill yourself after seeing it.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/15601081/
Joe Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just made me even more afraid of Furries. I guess humanoid canines just isn't something I can bear for long. What's weir is I used a picture of Misteroo as my desktop background for months...

Last edited by Joe Man on Fri Dec 13, 1957 1:21 am; edited 2,892 time in total
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your characters have no chins and their feet are so small they look like they're missing toes. Your pictures are incredibly static. Your facial expressions lack any real emotion.

Basically, you've mostly just thrown a fresh coat of nice, shiny paint on the same old thing. Sure, your stuff is starting to look better, but it still looks lifeless.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shading in this picture makes no sense. The main lightsource should be that giant flame, but the light doesn't seem to be coming from any constant direction on your characters. Also, it should be casting orange light on them instead of white. And the one farthest in the back seems to have the least shading on him, as if he were being exposed to the most light, which doesn't make any sense.

Colored outlines can be a great idea, but you're not really using them right on her hair or the blue parts of her clothes. The outlines should be darker than the darkest shade on the object. You seem to be using the lightest shade. This looks really bizarre against the darker shades on the back. You might think that a dark shade would look weird against the light colors anyway, but in my experience most people expect the outline to be darker than the object.

The two things in the back look like they were added in the last 5 seconds. Also they seem to be floating. And naked.

If this is "the beast within," shouldn't it be coming from inside her or something? Why is it popping out of this fire?

One good point: Even though the light was coming from the wrong direction, I thought the shading and folding on her left pant leg was pretty good.

Also, Joe Man: stop posting useless garbage please?
Eggie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can do, Iblis and Uncy. I am really trying to get down with emotion, but I haven't had anyone to teach me yet. It's really hard for me.
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I can help you.

This is going to sound ridiculous, but bear with me:
Emotion = shape of the eyes(Position of the ears with most anthros) + position of the pupils in the eye.
The formula is E= EyeShape(EarPosition)+PupilPosition...
Note: Ear position is chiefly used with Anthros.

Emotive tips:
Principally, the position of the pupil in the eye is resting just below the eyelid. These change only in extreme situations.

Annoyed = Bottom of the eye lid. Eye brows start to slope inward (acutely. Like this \ /).
Angry = Can still be at the bottom of the eye lid, but the eye brows will slope inward (acutely/toward the center of the face. Like this \ /).
Very angry = Pupil sinks away from the eye lid toward the center of the eye. Eye brows still usually sloped inward (acutely/toward the center of the face. Like this \ /).

Calm = Principle position below the eye lid.
Worried = Pupil remains below the eye lid, but the eye brows slope away from the center of the face (obtusely from the face. Like this / \).
Freaking out = Pupil slips toward the center of the eye. Eye brows are still sloped obtusely (obtusely from the face. Like this / \).

That's just a start, I mark.
Try working with that for now.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: