Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

GENTLEMEN! BEHOLD! [SPOILERS] (Image Intensive)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rinku

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenrir, have you ever considered paid pixel art work? If I ever do a game that could use your style, I'd consider it, as long as the price was within my means (like, less than 300$).
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That final boss is funny as hell.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenrir-Lunaris wrote:

The boss-rush, a series of boss battles one after the other. Recognize some familiar faces in there? I hope you do. Wonder who you fight at the top?....any guesses?

The bottom half of this is now my wallpaper :)
Royal

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad props to you Fen, haven't checked in for awhile. Your sprites looks really good.

Keep up the good work!

\Royal
jabbercat
Composer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats just about the greatest work of pixelart, I have ever seen, ever.
Artimus Bena
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I studied that picture a hundred times, and I just now noticed the BUTTON haha.

|||Compositions!
|||Eldardeen Soundtrack!
|||Red Mercury!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AdrianX
..yeah.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rinku wrote:
Fenrir, have you ever considered paid pixel art work? If I ever do a game that could use your style, I'd consider it, as long as the price was within my means (like, less than 300$).

..yes,Fenrir.you should consider paid pixel art work.i've currently "transitioned" from a game designer to pixel artist here and i get paid almost exactly 300$(converted from Philippine peso to US dollars);and you're better than me.think about it. Oookay...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get $300... what? Per hour? Per week? Per month? Total? That could be excellent or awful.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per project, usually. But it varies, if you're doing 10 tilesets and 100 sprites with like 30 frames of animation each of course the pixel artist would charge more. Also keep in mind that 300$ in other countries is worth a good deal more than it is in the US.

This is a good board for it, to compare prices: http://forums.indiegamer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20
AdrianX
..yeah.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
You get $300... what? Per hour? Per week? Per month? Total? That could be excellent or awful.

..well,per month.i get $300 (1$ = 48 something Phlippine Peso)..and it never depends if our company have any projects or not.i get more if a project is successful.is it awful or excellent? Oookay...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdrianX wrote:
Moogle1 wrote:

..well,per month.i get $300 (1$ = 48 something Phlippine Peso)..and it never depends if our company have any projects or not.i get more if a project is successful.is it awful or excellent? ^^;

$300 is the amount if you just convert from Philippine Peso to US dollars, but if you also adjust for the difference in cost-of-living from ... for example, Los Angeles California vs Angeles in the Philipines... *does some estimations and calculations...*

Maybe somewhere around $1500 to $2000 a month... (adjusting for cost-of-living is very subjective)
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$300 US per month would be excellent in Brazil (working out to about R$900), where the minimum wage is an unsurvivable R$250/mo. In the US, it varies but is closer to $300/wk (assuming a 40hr work week), which can also be quite difficult to survive on, depending on where you live. I currently pay $900/mo in rent alone.
WUT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment, I don't have any plans to sell my spritework (although I'm heavily considering selling a CD with the full version of Vikings, a walkthrough, special art, and remastered music if Bena's cool with that). I was also debating whether to ask Rinku/Fyrewulff if they'd like to list it as an RPGcreations game - which would certainly get more attention to the engine than it's presently receiving. At the moment, all options are on the table, but finishing the game comes first.

In the meantime, here's a comparison screenshot of the "cave battle" backdrop, just to show how much I'm trying to push for this to be my most impressive OHRRPGCE project ever.

Arrow
Artimus Bena
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Remastered is the key word there. It hasn't been that long, but I've already improved enough to wince at my own work here. I know I've talked to you about possibly converting vikings music to virtual instruments. I think I may exclude\exempt any non-midi versions from the free-use terms, though, if I'm going to go to the effort of doing that for so many tracks.

If you packaged the game on cd, I would definitely take that opportunity to use the virtual instrument versions of the music.

Pretty cave. Why the new outlining on the stalagmites? Looks a little more cartoony, while the rest of the cave has become less so.

|||Compositions!
|||Eldardeen Soundtrack!
|||Red Mercury!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly amazing work Fenrir! You make me so jealous... What?!?!
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: