Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Missing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VirusTalent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh part when the face thing sticks its tounge out at you was funny! i stuck mine out back! Raspberry! <--- OMG ITS TEH FACE! (Just needs a key)
Valigarmander
Bye-Bye

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, THIS GAME IS SOOPER.
Mike Caron
Technomancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friend wrote:
You can play multiple sounds at once. You have 8 sound slots at your disposal. Day 3 uses one slot for rain and one for the thundering noise. However, Mike said that the sound system will be changed in the future. I'm not sure how that one will work.

Speak, Friend, and recieve answers!

Ok, here's how the New Super M... Sound effects system works:

To load a sound: Don't need to
To free a sound: Don't need to

To play a sound:

Code:
play sound(sfx:jump, false, false)

The first false is whether to loop or not, and the second false is whether to stop the sound before playing (preempt it).

To pause a sound:

Code:
pause sound(sfx:jump)

To stop a sound altogether:

Code:
stop sound(sfx:stop)

Easy, eh? You can play anywhere between 1 and <maximum number of sounds in your game> at once, although it may get a bit wonky if you have more than 8 or so at once.

Also note that as of right now, the nightly version does not have support for sound effects in any music backend except native. I'll be fixing that up soon.

Final Fantasy Q
OHR Developer BLOG
Official OHRRPGCE Wiki and FAQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Onlyoneinall
Bug finder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it looking for implementing sound effects into battle, Mike?

Mike Caron
Technomancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm just cleaning up my hacks--- er, code right now. Then, I need to figure out a way for Game to learn when to unload sound effects (since it doesn't need to keep every sound in memory all the time).

Then implementing sound effects in battle should be easier.

Final Fantasy Q
OHR Developer BLOG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friend wrote:
Rinku reported the same problem with the textboxes. I talked to retro a few days back regarding this bug and he said that the problem might be caused by the joypad. Unplugging the joypad might solve the problem.

That would be strange, since to the best of my knowledge, joypads are totally non-functional in Linux.. *tests* Wow, hey! Unplugging my joypad did fix the problem! Which means you have probably exposed a bug in the rarely-tested joystick code, which will hopefully lead me to figuring out why my gamepad has never worked in Linux :)
Calehay
...yeah.
Class B Minstrel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the conversation has veered a little, but I must give some kudos for this game. It is scaring me S***less, and I'm only on Day 2. I hope to give some more focused criticism with my review (If I can get through it, that is.) But I have to say that this may be the first true OHR game that is completely horror filled through and through.
Mike Caron
Technomancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Paige wrote:
Friend wrote:
Rinku reported the same problem with the textboxes. I talked to retro a few days back regarding this bug and he said that the problem might be caused by the joypad. Unplugging the joypad might solve the problem.

That would be strange, since to the best of my knowledge, joypads are totally non-functional in Linux.. *tests* Wow, hey! Unplugging my joypad did fix the problem! Which means you have probably exposed a bug in the rarely-tested joystick code, which will hopefully lead me to figuring out why my gamepad has never worked in Linux Happy

Woah, I added support for joysticks, like, aeons ago. It's mostly a wrapper around the joystick code in the runtime anyway. So, if it's not working, it's likely a problem in your setup.

That said, I did run into another odd bug that's almost kinda related, but I need to do a bit more testing to determine its nature.

In any case, on topic, I promise to play this game very soon. Like, in a few minutes.

Final Fantasy Q
OHR Developer BLOG
Friend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calehay: I'm glad you enjoyed the game so far. I look forward to the review if you do decide to write it.

James & Mike: Regarding the joystick bug, this seems to only happen to certain models of joysticks. The game ran just fine with my PS2/USB joypad plugged.

I made another update last night. Someone pointed another glaring error that I previously missed. I know using tags this excessively would eventually get to me... and it did. On the fourth day, the game will freeze if you try to get out of the room. The update fixed this and a couple other typos.

This bug is relatively easy to avoid: just avoid that arrow button at the last day and you'll be fine. I only recommend downloading the new update for people who haven't downloaded the file before.
"I am Collins. From my position in the moon's orbit, I watched Armstrong and Aldrin land and walk on the surface. I was so close to the ground of the moon, and yet I returned without having trod upon it... I am Collins." -Friend
Leonhart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished the game while I was sick at home, with my parents expecting that their only son is sleeping soundly in his room...

The ending was absolutely brutal... Never knew it would be like that..
Valigarmander
Bye-Bye

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they ever decide to make an OHR game into a movie, it would be Missing goddammit. I'm on the third day, and I can already tell you I've enjoyed this game far more than any other I have ever played before. The time you must have spent making this! The detail! I've been scared out of my pants several times (twice, exactly) and I just think this game is sooper. Just. Sooper.
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Caron wrote:
James Paige wrote:
Friend wrote:

That would be strange, since to the best of my knowledge, joypads are totally non-functional in Linux.. *tests* Wow, hey! Unplugging my joypad did fix the problem! Which means you have probably exposed a bug in the rarely-tested joystick code, which will hopefully lead me to figuring out why my gamepad has never worked in Linux Happy

Woah, I added support for joysticks, like, aeons ago. It's mostly a wrapper around the joystick code in the runtime anyway. So, if it's not working, it's likely a problem in your setup.

That said, I did run into another odd bug that's almost kinda related, but I need to do a bit more testing to determine its nature.

In any case, on topic, I promise to play this game very soon. Like, in a few minutes.

Joysticks are completely broken, well you can walk around but you can't escape from battles. It seems the engine ignores the fact that you are holding down a button and only recognizes that it's been "pressed" after you let it go. I've tried for the past week to fix it, think you can look into that?
Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm absolutely loving this game, but I'm stuck on the damn keypad puzzle, and I'm not exactly sure where to get the numbers. Any clues?
Bug finder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILERS

The note said for the keypad code, you must know Bryce Milligan well.... well, what is something common that a person should know about someone they know well, that can fit into six digits?

Now if you know what it is, you must find someone who you can consult with to get that tidbit... usually someone who has the... connections.

Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah.. I was on the right track. I knew what the numbers were, but I wasn't sure quite how to enter them.

Ghastly ending.

Excellent job Friend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: