Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Ysoft’s Dating Game Contest 2007 Begin!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Ysoft’s Dating Game Contest 2007 Begin! Reply with quote

When: July 1, 2007
Duration: 1 month
Due date: July 31, 2007, midnight. One-day grace period will be given to compensate for the different time zones.

Introduction
Due to the shortage on these types of games on OHR, I propose a contest to the community. Make a dating simulation game using OHRPGCE. Example of this is Shadowiii’s OHR Date. If you haven’t played his game, please do so to get the idea of what the dating simulation is all about.

You have until July to plan the game, however you can only start making the game on or after July 1.

Rules
1. Teams are OK; however, the one to get the prize will be the team leader. It is up to him/her to decide on how to split the prize.

2. Music and graphics ripping is OK as long as you manage to incorporate them into your game well. If you do rip, give the source in the credits page.

3. I will only accept finished games; if you only do the demo, don’t bother submitting it because I will not count it as an entry.

4. Your game must have a proper introduction and ending, if you don’t have at least this, 3 points will be deducted from your score.

5. If your game contains adult elements, nudity, sex, strong language, etc. Please note it somewhere before the game starts, giving the player an option to quit playing.

6. Previously submitted games are not allowed to enter.

Voting
Voting will be done by the community. Entrants will be allowed to vote for their entry.

Voting will be based on these categories.
1. Graphics: 1-5
2. Music: 1-5
3. Story: 1-5
4. Characters: 1-5

Bonuses
RPG elements: 3
The bonus will be added by me.

Prize
Prize will be $20 Paypal. If you don’t have Paypal, I can get you something from Amazon.com for up to the $20, provided they dropship the item.

Last edited by Ysoft_Entertainment on Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit confused by what "RPG elements" could refer to. I don't think I've played a single dating sim that didn't have stats you could raise, etc. What does this mean?
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killing monsters to get stat boost or money, exploration to find items, and/or the girl. Fighting the boss to save the girl.

Basically RPG game where you get the girl at the end instead of fighting a super final boss.

A lame example would be one of the harvest moon games(ye harvest moon isn't really an rpg but you do get to woo some girls. Thats basically what I want in an rpg, and what I mean by rpg elements)
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Basically RPG game where you get the girl at the end instead of fighting a super final boss.

That is in no way a dating sim. It's an RPG.

Quote:
A lame example would be one of the harvest moon games(ye harvest moon isn't really an rpg but you do get to woo some girls. Thats basically what I want in an rpg, and what I mean by rpg elements)

That is absolutely nothing like what you just described. In Harvest Moon you don't kill monsters, you run a farm. You get the girl by buying stuff and giving it to her, not by saving her.

Harvest Moon is also not a dating sim. It's a farming sim with a very, very simplistic (and terrible) romantic part to it.
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why I said it was a lame example of it.

rpg elements is just bonus, you may or may not incorporate into your game. If you can come up with alternative methods of raising your stats, besides the obvious ones found in dating sims(working, working out, etc...) then you will get the bonus of 3 points added to your score. I just called it rpg elements cause I wasn't sure of what to name it.
Blue Pixel
SPY SAPPIN MAH FISH SANDWICH

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm could this game be in flash?
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Ysoft’s Dating Game Contest 2007 Reply with quote

Ysoft_Entertainment wrote:
Make a dating simulation game using OHRPGCE.

Yes. Wait, no.

Also, the world totally doesn't need more crappy Flash dating sims.
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Ysoft’s Dating Game Contest 2007 Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:

Also, the world totally doesn't need more crappy Flash dating sims.

Amen to that. Besides what would be the point in making flash game for OHR community? I started this contest for the purpose of expanding game titles for OHR. I know there are already many games for it, but few are what you call good. I also hope to track down some bugs in the process, and see if there will be a need to add more special features to the OHR.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think I'll enter this contest, if only because I was referenced at the beginning. Plus, OHR-Date needs a sequal/spinoff. And I'll be back in cali by then.

Actually the real reason is I want 20 bucks. Which is probably the only reason ANYBODY will enter, anyway.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowiii wrote:
OHR-Date needs a sequal/spinoff.

OHR Date 1.75 : Lesbian Pillow fight? I would love to see this.
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be sure that everyone is clear on the prize. I will pay with paypal or other method that the winner may think off. I will not write checks nor will I send the bill in an envelope. With that in mind, go make your game.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenrir, you bastard! Keep that on the d-low!

...granted you are probably one one of the very few who remember that thing. You and minnek and mcw pretty much.
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the contest begin!
AdrianX
..yeah.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..hmmm..im tempted to join..but i cant promise anything..too many work-related games to pixel Raspberry!
..but if in case i managed to make a dating game and didnt make it for the contest,at least i finished something... Oookay...

EDIT: ..I'ts official.I am entering this contest. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to add this, if you cannot accept paypal, I will buy you $20 gift certificate. Is this acceptable?

Adrianx:, glad you decided to join.

Anyone else in?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: