Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Malacat Pic... Almost DONE!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Komera

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:53 am    Post subject: Malacat Pic... Almost DONE! Reply with quote

http://www.geocities.com/klharrismith/creature/malacat.jpg

Questions, comments, flames, cretiques... all are welcome. It's STILL not finished, that shadow needs work/help/surgery. I was/am planning a second malacat cub in the back... do you guys think it's needed? I think something else is missing... it just needs something. Dunno what.

OH, and a reminder: yes, it is a GeoCities site and thus doesn't allow remote linking. Most of you already know how to handle that, but the question seems to keep popping up every once in a while on how to view a picture on a site that doesn't allow remote linking. So, for those who don't know... copy and paste the url. Can everyone remember that, boys and girls? Yes? Good! Nap time!

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
Mushitori Okuro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, a proffesional artist.

Yes the mythical animals look good. I have no critiques since Im not a good critic. @_@

The scorpion tail reminds me of the Manticore, body of a tiger, face of a man, and scorpion tail, I think thats how it went. It kills people from 100 feet away or something like that. But yours are different, this one has wings and a non human face.

I had a mythical animal obsession when I was a preteen caused by Warcraft 2's Dragons and Gryphons that led me to read about mythical animals and stuff. @_@
Megumi
Crazy Kitsune

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?!?! *Is killed by the prettiness* I'd love to be able to do stuff like that someday.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Great work. Out of curiosity, why is it only "almost done"?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Komera

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because i've been planning a second cub, i need to rework that shadow (can't seem to get it right), and do some spot work here and there

MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those scorpion-ish tails don't fit with the other art too well, and the shadow on the beach of the big malacat looks... awkward. Also, I don't think it matters for a second cub.

Also, Kommie(maybie I shouldn't refer to you as that..), use the change images into .txt files trick.
Komera

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I need to rework that shadow (can't seem to get it right)

oh, trust me, i'm aware the shadow sux

Quote:
Also, Kommie(maybie I shouldn't refer to you as that..)

two m's imply that the o is short. i prefer 'ko' because it implies (as it should) that the o is long. although if you were to refer to alphaknight's d&d elfin fighter (komera, named after my gryphon), then the short o would be correct

Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sweet.
Seth
Hardcore Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, pretty! I love the planets in the background (planets/moons/sun?) and the shadow is FINE... stop worrying.
James Paige

Embattled Productions Home
sephy99

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks really nice overall; however, as mentioned before the scorpian tail sticks out... almost as though it was pasted (which it obviously wasn't). It could be the contrast between the extremely light body to the pitch black tail without any sort of connection (especially on the cub). Also, the texture on the main body looks very realistic while the head-dress like object with the blue crystals looks odly shaded for a realistic drawing. Has an strange cell-shaded look to it almost, but it could just be me.
jabbercat
Composer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its so nice to see a fellow professional at work, It' really good ,Did you use grapites and stumps or standerd b's?
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are we reviving dead threads?

I could say more regarding that picture, but Komera might hit me over the head if I did, so I'll hush up now.
Chop Chop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, dead threads, anyways nice, kool pic, and stuff.
Melnazar
Ti-Phil class cartoonist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was a dead thread? Then does it mean that the picture is now finished? Because I must say it's quite magnificient already!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Komera

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried replying earlier, but it wouldn't let me reply (to my own thread? :boggle: )... but this new server let me post the cretique for royal, so maybe it'll let me post this one, too.

seth: the planets in the background are a couple of imagest i snuck off of the hubble space telescope site, a kupier belt object, and mars.

sephy99: it's probably the contrast that's getting to you. the tails in fact are not black. they are grey with three layers atop them (two for highlights, and one for purple overtones, althought the layer setting turned the purple into red and yellow). the headplate probably seems so unrealistic because it uses only two layers, while the body uses six. oh, and those were not supposed to be blue crystals, they're supposed to be eyespots.

jabbercat: i use portions of public domain pictures to create backgrounds, but never more than 20% of any one picture. the subjects are all hand drawn.

aethereal: i would neeeveeer hit you over the head... gryphon claws aren't designed that way. *evil grin*

melnazar: the picture i originally posted was less complete. when showing pictures online, i save over older pictures so that the url remains the same. the picture as you currently see it is finished.

this thread should probably be closed now, now that i'm not working on the picture anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: