Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Halloween Contest 2007
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Halloween Contest 2007 Reply with quote

It's that time of the year! Everyone's favorite time! And if you're an OHR-er you know it to be the time for the Halloween Contest!

The rules are as follows, any entry can be entered. But to win this contest, you musn't just make a great game, you must earn yourself points in 3 categories! 10 points for each category, with a maximum potential of 30. However, there will be bonus points as well, to slightly boost your score.

1--SCARINESS: Can your game scare me or anyone else?

2--CREATIVITY: Don't just make a typical haunted house game. Be creative and do something no one has ever done before.

3--FUN: Go all out and make something that people will want to play again and again!

Bonus Points-- I will be awarding 5 more points if you include the following things in your game:
--Suprise Attack
--Bloody Room
--Parasites
Include all three of them in your game, and don't make them hidden, and you'll recieve 5 bonus points added to your score.
(All 3 must be included to win the 5 points, no partial points for only some)

When voting begins, each community member will vote for these three areas and give each entry a score they think is fair.

If in the course of a tie breaker, the games that have tied will go on the chopping block, and community members will vote for the game they think deserves to win.

Prizes! That's right, prizes! Turn out is never a great quality in OHR-Contests, so to get everyone motivated to participate, I have decided to put forth cash prizes to the winner. If there are between 5-9 entrants, I will award 20 dollars to the 1st place winner. If there are 10 or more, 1st place will win 20 bucks, 2nd place will win 10, and 3rd place will win 5.

There is no theme, there is no file to download. Go out there and make the best game you can, and good luck to everyone.

All entries should be finished by October 31st and post a link here to their game.

Voting will take place a few days afterwards.

Have any questions? Feel free to ask.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Halloween Contest 2007 Reply with quote

RedMaverickZero wrote:

--Suprise Attack
--Bloody Room
--Parasites

I think I can do these. Whether they'll be scary or not I'll make no guarantees.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Halloween Contest 2007 Reply with quote

RedMaverickZero wrote:

--Surprise Attack
--Bloody Room
--Parasites
--Fizzy Sour Grape Taste
--Caffeine

Oh man, I have this contest in the bag.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is a vampire a parasite? Because, you know.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampires aren't exactly what I had in mind when I thought of parasites. My main inspiration for that point was in Resident Evil 4 when those things got into the zombies and ya had to use the heat scope to shoot em out. Those kinda parasites primarily, but anyone can interpret these in anyway they can I suppose. Heh.
Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
Is a vampire a parasite? Because, you know.

You could go along the lines of "I am Legend"...
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having never played any of the RE games, I'm not sure why you would care that parasites are attacking zombies.
It's been real.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE4 has people with parasites inside them that makes them mind controlled. Those are the bad guys. There are also weird disgusting enemies that have parasites on them as well as in them that heal them (and you have to shoot them off with a heat-detection scope, as RMZ said). But the general gist is a mind-controlling parasite eating the people from the inside out.

Also, YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED RE4?! AND YOU HAVE A PS2?! Get on that RIGHT NOW. Seriously.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, not interested.

You know what would be AWESOME, though? A Resident Evil/Trauma Center crossover.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowiii wrote:
RE4 has people with parasites inside them that makes them mind controlled. Those are the bad guys. There are also weird disgusting enemies that have parasites on them as well as in them that heal them (and you have to shoot them off with a heat-detection scope, as RMZ said). But the general gist is a mind-controlling parasite eating the people from the inside out.

Also, YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED RE4?! AND YOU HAVE A PS2?! Get on that RIGHT NOW. Seriously.

If you had a Wii, the game is like a whole lot funner.

But yeah, that was the general jist of what my idea was for the parasites.
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I said I was going to do a game about vampire x human relationship. I decided to abandon the idea, instead I am going to make a game that focuses on Halloween.

The name of the game is going to be "Halloween Fantasy". The basic plot is this: A couple is walking from a date on the night of October 31st. Suddenly they are attacked by creatures called "Hallows".

Hallows are humans that have been infused with parasites. The are many different parasites. Example: if a human have been infused with vampire parasite, he would turn into a vampire. Some humans can take control of themselves when they are infected, those are called "Supernaturals". The ones that are completely taken over by the parasites are called "Pure Hallows". Usually pure hallows are mindless monsters and are controlled by the supernaturals. The supernaturals are then divided into 2 categories, the good and the bad. There are few supernaturals that actually become good.

Anyway, the couple is attacked by hallows. The girl is taken away, the guy is left for dead. When he awakes, he finds himself in a strange place. The place is a lab that studies hallows. The guy is given a choice to become a supernatural. Determined to rescue his love he agrees.
However; before he can become a supernatural, he must first pass the test.

Well that is all I am revealing for now. I hope I can actually put this idea into the game and finish it.

PS: I am going to try and script custom battle system for this game.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
Sorry, not interested.

GET INTERESTED. Seriously, it's one of the best games ever.

But anyway...uh...contest? Or something?
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 is probably already spoiled by Team Fortress 2, thus will find Resident Evil 4 to be inferior.

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
RedMaverickZero

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... just curious, who all is entering?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: