Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Crappy Ad Campaign... (Complimentary Wallpaper inside ^^)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djfenix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: Crappy Ad Campaign... (Complimentary Wallpaper inside ^^) Reply with quote

As the years gone by, I have attempted to make various games that would hopefully please the audience of the OHR community. Was I successful? I'm not sure. But I do know that all of my games were trashed due to lack of interest, lost files, system crashes, viruses, burnouts (ok... you get the picture). But all of my ideas for these games still exist to this very day, and I still hope to complete at least one of them. So then I thought, "Why not combine them all together to make one great game?". And so, I did.

"How are you gonna do something like that without making something crappy, Fenix?" You might be asking. As an experienced story-teller, I tell you now that this is indeed possible, and it WILL indeed be the best story I come up with... uhh... this year. It will pretty much summarize all my games that I have released (and some that I haven't) to date. Yes, from Endless Saga, to Me, and to Redemption, plus more. You will find all of these tales woven together into one great story...

Requiem...

And that's all the details that I'll give. This will be the only project I'll work on till it's finish. Plus, I have made a wallpaper starring the lead hero (who, by the way, is NOT a "chosen one", but rather, the "secondary character" who merely helps the chosen one... unique, no?).
Wallpaper

EDIT: Sorry bout the CG being so messy. I'll remake it whenever I get the chance. But, really. What's more important: the game, or a crummy wallpaper ^^?
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you've got my interest perked.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wallpaper's great. If it wasn't so hard for me to remember where I left things on my desktop when I change the picture, I'd be using this one. Good luck on the game!
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrm..it seems like I'm keeping a stash of homemade wallpapers, now! Everyone's stuff is just great! This one's in the Spiffy category.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Plus, I have made a wallpaper starring the lead hero (who, by the way, is NOT a "chosen one", but rather, the "secondary character" who merely helps the chosen one... unique, no?).

Not really. Think about all the recent FFs. The main character has mostly been just some normal guy, who just gets thrown into all this saving the world stuff, while the lead female is the one who's chosen, or is special in some way (a Cetra, Sorceress, Summoner, and Summoner).

I don't wanna discourage you though, I don't expect your story to be as recycled as FF.

That wallpaper is uberlicious btw.
djfenix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iblis: Lol... that's true. But in this, the main female isn't "the chosen one" either. And not only that, you get here late into the game. I've already reviewed the common junk in an RPG and I'm trying to remove ALL OF IT!!! MUAHAHAHAHA
Xerian
The one and only in all

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most interesting. I hope you do plan on finishing this game though. Heh heh. I wanna see if any bit of.. certain games is in it. You will give us more details on this soon won't you?
djfenix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh... I'm pretty sure I've covered all the games that I've made (Except maybe Avalanche... not much story there) Let's list my old games, shall we?

Slayers/Endless Saga
Ethro Blue
Me
Redemption
Black Creed
The Night Santa Went Crazy/Monolith of Spirit (Yes, I intended for them to be the same ^^)

The stories in these games I've managed to incorporate into this new game, and yes, they are all related to each other. (Now you're probably wondering how I worked with two completely different things like Me and Redemption.) The stories may not be exactly the same, but I think everyone will be able to recognize each. Yes, I will release details and screenshots whenever I feel is necessary. Speaking of screenshots, here's a little teaser of the sprites I'll have going.

With this game, I'm going all out on graphics. I'm pretty sure it'll be pleasing to everyone (In Monolith of Spirit, people liked the graphics, and I was being lazy o_O). Anyways... that's all the details I'll give away for now. Wish me luck ^_~

Oh, and I was on an internetless computer today that didn't have OHR on it. So I spent my time remaking the wallpaper. It's the same guy and pose and everything, but different drawing and cleaner than the original. Take your pick ^^
Number Two

Last edited by djfenix on Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, good sprites. They look a little blurred though, and the person with the yellow hair looks a bit odd when viewed from the side. For the most part though, these are really cool. I like the guy with the white spikey hair.
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like the first wallpaper better. I mean, for in-game cutscenes or pictures, or for an animation or something, the cleaner one would be better. But the first one (in my opinion) is a bit better for a wallpaper. It looks like an original drawing (which, it is) and I think that looks better for non-animated pictures that aren't going to be used in anything official (like the game). Plus it won't draw people's eyes from the items on their desktop if they're looking for something as much as the cleaner one.
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. The first one looks way better.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm..I think Sir Phoenix wrote a review for Endless Saga in O:OHR. Either that, or my brain's completely fried today.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the first wallpaper was better.

Setu, the only reviews for Endless Saga at O:OHR are mine and Pepsi Ranger's. Yep, I reviewed Endless Saga. That was the first non-Hamster Republic OHR game I ever downloaded.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is much better. The character's face, being away from us, gives us a sense of forboding, and the title "Requiem: Sing your Final Song" fits perfectly. This one the guy is happily smiling and facing the camera and, even though your CGing is well done, doesn't have the same effect.

Nice sprites too, BTW.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and the scratchy lines are perfect for it. The first wallpaper is definitely better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: