Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

My Band's Newest Album

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camdog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: My Band's Newest Album Reply with quote

Hey everybody, my band has just finished mastering our latest album, and I thought I'd share it with everyone. Check it out at http://www.stclaremusic.com. You can download our older recordings there as well.

The strongest stuff is probably The Device trilogy, which is kind of like a mini rock opera (we're not pretentious, I swear!), but I think it all came out pretty good. Enjoy!
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listened to the device trilogy. I wasn't able to grasp the story, but I believe there was one there.

The first two parts were pretty good, except I didn't like the atonal yelling bits. I am not strictly opposed to yelling as a component of metal music, but there was a big long section there where there was virtually no change in the pitch of the yelling. It made me think of the Will Ferrell character who suffers from "Voice Immodulation"

The third part was completely awesome. Good work!

I'll be listening to the other tracks later.
Camdog

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for the listen. I thought we we're pretty light on the screaming, but one of my favorite bands is Slayer, so I might not be the best judge...

Anyway, the device tracks are probably the most metal/screamy of the stuff we have. You might want to try On the Brink or Sliver of Light. You could also check out Golden Feet, which is an instrumental.
Artimus Bena
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that you guys employ unusual time signatures. Not very many bands do it, so it's the easiest way to be original these days. Overall, I like the sound, but I think at times the playing could be a little tighter. I won't comment on recording quality though; I know how difficult it can be with a low budget. I remember really enjoying fox in the penthouse, that was you guys right?

My own band has two drummers now, you might dig that. Once we completely re-record our last cd, I'll post up some tracks.

|||Compositions!
|||Eldardeen Soundtrack!
|||Red Mercury!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Camdog

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a fox in the penthouse was us. It's also available on the website, along with all our older recordings, if you're interested.

Looking forward to hearing the two drummers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: