Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

OFFICIAL OHRRPGCE RANDOM COLAB CONTEST
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spoonweaver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: OFFICIAL OHRRPGCE RANDOM COLAB CONTEST Reply with quote

CONTEST:
This year the OFFICIAL OHRRPGCE RANDOM COLAB CONTEST will be held during the last 2 weeks of February. Sign Up has just completed. Each Team has till March 1st to turn in their entry. More information and team comments are available over at slimesalad: http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6011&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

For those of you that don't know, or those of you that do and perhaps would like me to explain more anyways so things aren't super vague and shady, the OFFICIAL OHRRPGCE RANDOM COLAB CONTEST is a video game development contest being hosted here at Slimesalad. Contestants will sign up and then be randomly paired up with another contestant. These pairs will then work together as teams to develop a game within the contest's time frame. In order for the game to be accepted, both team members must have worked on the game and agree to enter the game as their team's entry. Also, the game has to be developed using the OHRRPGCE.

Contestants of last year's contest have asked me to limit the contestants to those people that have at least uploaded a single game in the past at some point, so they have some sort of idea of their potential team's game development abilities. So please keep this in mind.

Choosing the Winners:
A voting thread will be posted on this forum starting in march, and remain active until about half way through march. Like March 15th I guess. The game with the most votes will win the prize.

PRIZES:
The first prize of the contest is fan art from all the other contestants. This means, that by entering you agree to the possibility of being forced to draw fan art of the game that wins and delivering it to the winners somehow (possibly by posting it on this forum). Failure to do so will result in banishment from the internet.

The second prize of the contest is word of mouth marketing from all the other contestants. This means, that by entering you agree to the possibility of being forced to tell at least one person outside of the OHR community of the team's game. Failure to do so will result in banishment from the internet.

TEAMS

TMC & Master K

Momoka & The Giz

RMSephy & marionline

BMR & Pheonix

SDhawk & Ichiro
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little late there!
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi this is cool! I realize this might already be done lol, where can we check out the winning games? :-)

Spoonweaver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Castle Paradox People. I'm posting the results of this contest here for people such as blasted earth who do not visit slimesalad. To fill you in, the team of momoka and giz never ended up completing a game, however everyone else did so I hope you enjoy what you find.

The 2014 random colab contest is now over. I'd like to thank everyone that took part in it and hope that we can continue to do this for years to come. Before we get started, I'd just like to remind everyone that took part that you're expected to reward the winner of the contest with fanart and outside community hype. I'm glad to hear that other people in the community will be pitching in on the fanart and hype as well, even though they didn't take part. Feel free to post that fan art here, or simply deliver it to the winner the way you feel is best. Also, a special congrats to Giz and Momoka. You both dropped out but you stole the show as the favorite team this year. However, the title comes with no prizes.
Anyways, on to the results!

4) Location
by Team Phemr

Placing fourth is a game called location. This game looks great but the team simply didn't get things done in time and the game remains in an almost unplayable state. I'm sure plenty of people would like to see this game finished.

3) Carcere Vicis
by Team Master Kactus

Coming in late and hot, this game presents a pretty solid roguelike experience on the ohr. Seems some people had some issues with it though, which is likely why it ended up in 3rd.

2) Dungeon Cards: The Flying City
by Team Itchy & Sdratchy

This game gives us an original look at a new type of dungeon crawling. With balanced fights and fun gameplay, this is a great game that's sure to see play for years to come.

1) Spy Game
by Team Spy

With charming graphics and interesting mechanics it's no wonder this game came out on top. Thankfully, this game gives all the people making fanart some good characters and ideas to work with.
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slime salad... Let me check... So, nobody hangs out here anymore?

Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer to hang out at SlimeCastleSaladParadox
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, this is like hanging out at home and crossing over to the neighbors from time to time whenever there's someting interesting in the other lot lol

TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A majority of activity moved over to SS several years ago, but there are surprisingly still a bunch of lurkers around here.

I need to upload a less bug-tastic version of CV. I should stop putting that off.
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked out SS, I just like it here better, everything looks old and relaxed hehe and I love how the main site looks!
Crown

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I like it here too. It would be nice to see a bit more activity, I am interested in seeing what other people are up to.
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Crown, nice to see more people returning... :-)

If you are interested, I'm making a game here:
http://castleparadox.com/ohr/viewtopic.php?t=7464

And James put an updates thread here:
http://castleparadox.com/ohr/viewtopic.php?t=7465

And what about you, are you currently making a game?
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlastedEarth wrote:
Slime salad... Let me check... So, nobody hangs out here anymore?

Not many of us do anymore. Crying
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe that's a cool green emotican, how do you make one?
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, we forgot the celebrate the 10 year anniversity of CP! The 11th anniversity was 2 months ago.

That's one of the standard emoticons; you can find it on the left hand side of the reply page.
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying Hey cool! Happy anniversity TMC! Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: