Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

SUMMER SLAM - the next gen of ohr contest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: SUMMER SLAM - the next gen of ohr contest Reply with quote

Are you ready for the pain?!

It starts on Monday June 21st, the first day of summer and will run for three weeks.

YOU'RE NOT READY FOR THIS CONTEST!
Ronin Catholic
Deadliest of Fairies

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to make better games than your contest.

"I didn't start the flame war;
I can't understand a word you're saying
nor the game you're playing~"
Charbile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and CHARBILE WINS contest over, folks

this post will age better than any other post on this entire site, bet on it
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronin Catholic wrote:
I'm going to make better games than your contest.

On what planet?
Charbile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On this planet.

Do you believe in the stories?
Legend speaks of a mouse lover appearing through the chaos,
Conquering the paradox castle
Defeating all foes before him
and
Winning the great battle of the summer

That's right, I believe Ronin Catholic is that super ohrer.
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I challenger you to a bet of gentlemen, Nathan.

The one between us that does best has to work for the other person for a month. Working on the game that the winner decides on. 1 month of game dev to the winner.

Do you accept?
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan....
Did you ever accept this bet?

Nathan, are you entering this contest?

Nathan!!! WE MISS YOU!
Ronin Catholic
Deadliest of Fairies

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I was going to not enter the contest, but be a surprise judge for it. It'd have been glorious and we'd have had a lot of fun banter within the community.

However, your community decided that it'd had enough of me after sixteen years of abuse and so rather than blessing you with my continued presence, I took a break to focus on real life stuff like getting a new job, forming a stronger bond with my real friends, helping my family, and so on and so forth.

Why in the world would I have accepted your bet? The entire community is rigged against me. Every OHRRPGCE contest I've ever entered outside the Heart of the OHR, I lost to other people blatantly cheating and openly breaking rules. Unlike you, I don't already have in-roads or marketing behind things I put out; you've been making money off of OHR games for about a decade while I only made a few dollars this year from putting up my first ever game for sale, so there's no way relative money income between the two could be a fair metric.

I would have received no benefits from you working for me for a month and you would have received my best efforts, but been dissatisfied with them in the much more likely event of you "winning".

"I didn't start the flame war;
I can't understand a word you're saying
nor the game you're playing~"
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronin Catholic wrote:
I took a break to focus on real life stuff like getting a new job, forming a stronger bond with my real friends, helping my family, and so on and so forth.

I had a feeling that's where you went! Super glad to hear you've been doing well.
Swordplay
Be All End All

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenrir-Lunaris wrote:
Ronin Catholic wrote:
I took a break to focus on real life stuff like getting a new job, forming a stronger bond with my real friends, helping my family, and so on and so forth.

I had a feeling that's where you went! Super glad to hear you've been doing well.

at least SOMEONE is doing well Razz
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronin Catholic wrote:
Oh, I was going to not enter the contest, but be a surprise judge for it. It'd have been glorious and we'd have had a lot of fun banter within the community.

However, your community decided that it'd had enough of me after sixteen years of abuse and so rather than blessing you with my continued presence, I took a break to focus on real life stuff like getting a new job, forming a stronger bond with my real friends, helping my family, and so on and so forth.

Why in the world would I have accepted your bet? The entire community is rigged against me. Every OHRRPGCE contest I've ever entered outside the Heart of the OHR, I lost to other people blatantly cheating and openly breaking rules. Unlike you, I don't already have in-roads or marketing behind things I put out; you've been making money off of OHR games for about a decade while I only made a few dollars this year from putting up my first ever game for sale, so there's no way relative money income between the two could be a fair metric.

I would have received no benefits from you working for me for a month and you would have received my best efforts, but been dissatisfied with them in the much more likely event of you "winning".

Oh, Hi Nate!
Sorry, wow....
I do NOT check these forums often enough.
Clearly you don't either, as you replied months after me as well.

Anyways, I'm sorry to hear that you feel the OHR contests were stacked against you, in an unfair way. I can't think of what that took place, but a lot of things took place before I became more active and I wasn't really paying attention to all of it. Sorry if I was at all a part of any of that.

But yes, the bet was plenty silly. I was just trying to start up a conversation with you and drive you into entering the contest and taking part in things. I'm not fond of the idea that you feel abused and would like to help you deal with that. You put a lot of work into your games and a lot of face time in this community, you don't really deserve to be completely outcast or anything.

What I'd like to offer is an interview on the OHR Podcast. It would just be me and you and you'd be welcome to leave at any time. No trick questions and no gotcha moments. Just you sharing how you see things, maybe saying some things you feel like you need to say to people. And mostly talking about games.

Anyways, let me know either way.
And let me know if there's anything I can do to ease any tension that may exist between you and the community.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: