Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

What are your Favourite Songs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, metallica, linkin park, rammstein and various artists.

I just don't like today's "hip-hop" it's got on real music in any of it...
the only rap music i like is eminem.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally, I don't like any recent music. It just seems to me that lately music isn't music anymore, that it's just a money-making machine. People like Britney Spears and Avra Lavigne and Christina Aguilera and all those other bands are just making money, they don't care about how they're singing, so long as people buy into it.

And, I might add, in the old days people didn't have computers and various other technology to mess with their voices and instruments. They actually had to play their songs well.
madhatter
Best procrastinator in all of North America

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn it! I fogot to log in again. The last post by Guest was actually me again.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's okay!

*gestures to sharpshooters to lower their guns*

Raspberry!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought Evanescence and fell in love with it. My favorite song is Imaginary (if you couldn't guess from my sig). Hello and My Immortal are neat, too.

Blast, CD player batteries running out!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it depends on how much you look for bands.

if you look carefully, you'll find bands that agree with you can only play what the can and not use computers for anything but recording the music.
and some bands actually play good music(lyrics and instrumental) but because of tough competition, the hip-hop crap pushes them out of the picture before they even put their foot above the platform to step on it.

Pop artists like britney spears and the lot sell their music by good looks (90%) and music (10%)
honestly, two of my friends buys britney spears cds for the pictures and posters. the worst part is they act like they like the music in front of people.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I forgot about that, that nobody talks about the actual good bands of today... Reminds me of one of my friend whose very very talented with the flute. We had a music assembly a few days ago. She asked if she could play a solo for the assembly, but they said no 'cuz they already had too many people there, most of whom couldn't sing and couldn't plat their instruments. And they were playing britney spears and all that other crap...
madhatter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please shoot me. I forgot to log in again. Oookay... Guest was me.
Eggie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another couple songs I like are

Good Charlotte - Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous
Good Charlotte - Boys and Girls

They are actually a punk band. Blink 182 and Sum 41 went out of that era. I used to hate GC, because... I forget, but after I saw these two music videos I felt better about them. That happens a lot. I used to hate Korn, but then that changed.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenogears soundtrack.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:24 pm    Post subject: James's Favorites Reply with quote

Lately I have been really enamoured of "Inner Universe" by Origa and "Lithium Flower" by Tim Jensen & Yoko Kanno, both from the Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Soundtrack (those being the "intro" and "outro" tracks respectively)

But nothing can top my all-time favorite-of-all-favorites, "Beep Beep Love" by The Incredible Moses Leroy.

Other favorites include:
JXL's remix of Elvis's "A Little Less Conversation",
Lautsprecher's "Omnibus",
"Cotton Eye Joe" by the Rednex,
and "Zion" by Fluke from the Matrix Reloaded Soundtrack,

to name a few at random.

I also rather like "On the address promoting my home, you may find the blueprints containing the shooting place." by "The Bob the Hamster Shooter", but it is impossible to find in itunes.

those who seek the truth will want to download the BAM Developer's Kit
Eggie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense to any Elvis lovers/ likers, I can't stand Elvis' music. My parents and sisters listen to it all the time. No! It wasn't Eminem that taught me to hate it. My hatred grows within without any help. Blazing. Blazing brightly to create a deadly flame of evil fire. Fire of my sin.
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Elvis' voice, it bugs me.
msw188

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Elvis Reply with quote

I once visited a record review site that discussed Elvis in a way that I found very interesting. A lot of people of later generations don't find Elvis' music particularly entertaining or interesting, but that is because Elvis was NOT a musical phenomenon, nor was he ever meant to be. He was a cultural phenomenon, and that is where his fame comes from. Now that's not to say that he didn't record some great tunes with Sun, and his guitarist (the name is escaping me now) was pretty damn nifty, especially for his time. But Elvis was never really about the song, at least, not the musical and lyrical ideas of the song. He was about Elvis, about his culture, which was very different from the culture of today.
Does any of this make sense? The ideas are not my own, and I don't take them as clear cut truths, but I kind of agree with the general idea...
madhatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing with elvis is that he was talented. Then one of his managers wanted to make money, and so they shoved aside his talents and made him play songs below his talent. It happens all the time. People hardly ever get a chance to show their talents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: