Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Emoticons
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quinn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Emoticons Reply with quote

This idea came to me in a dream last night (actualy it didn't). Emoticons once lived in harmony with humans they where the best of friends, but one day an evil emoticon was born, he was known as the Flame Devil :flamedevil: . His power exceded the other emoticons and he forced them to join his side and destroy the humans. The battle went on for several years but finally it was over, the humans found a way to banish all the emoticons to a distant realm and they have stayed there traped, until now... It has been a milenium since the war with the emoticons and it has been long forgoten, in this time emoticons are a simple icon that people enter on message boards and chat. Even in this day the emoticons are still hated as they are abused by people called 'spammers' this word was used a milenium ago, it was used for people who betrayed humankind and joined the emoticons. It seems that the emoticons have found a way to escape from the realm they where banished to and soon they are to release there armies on the unsuspecting human kind. It seems that there is no hope, but luckily there is one family that has passed down the legend of the emoticons, and so they send there oldest son to the Realm of the Emoticons...

This is just rough there is a lot of plot holes so I need some feedback, this game will be mostly humor based (I don't think it is possible to make a serious game about emoticons).

Game Progress:
Emoticons-25% graphics(75%), story(50%)
Roach Lir

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets send those cursed emoticons back from whence they came!

Dark Legacy - 0.3%
Jazz_Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea... lots of potential if done properly...

IDEA: Perhaps the Spammers are actually part of some cult trying to bring back the Flame Devil :flamedevil: , or something... Big grin
Quinn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... thats a good idea, I will probably add it in the story. When the humans banished the emoticons to the distant realm they also banished the ones that betrayed them (The Spammers). But the spammers of the distant realm found a way to make contact with the spammers of earth and have convinced them to help set them free.

Thanks for the idea.

Game Progress:
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, Quinn! You're not going to believe this, but I was going to add that race to my game (Cryzekia Lore) a long time ago, but kept it under wraps. Turns out my theory is kinda correct. If you leave an idea up in the air for a while, someone will find it and take it.

I am not mad. In fact I am quite delighted! Happy
Some ways our two versions of the emoticon are different. I don't know exactly, but mine have human-like bodies attached to their uni-emotional face (every emoticon can only express one emotion). Also They are not corrupted by an evil leader (quite the opposite). Basically though, they are similar, but you beat me to it. Big grin

I have an idea though. Why not say the emoticons escaped cryzekia first and ended up on your story somehow, then were corrupted by flame devil. The two stories distantly connect that way... you don't have to, but I am using emoticons as a race anyway. Just thought you should know that, and by all means use them in your game. (Isn't that funny though?)

Question: Are they just faces, or do they have bodies as well?

PS: I am still laughing at the coincidence of it all. We both named them simply Emoticons. PM me. (Heh. I am a spammer...)

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Durandal
Colony Ship for sale, cheap

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is seriously one of the stupidest ideas I have ever read. I mean, okay, I have a history of blowing the bad properties of things out of proportion, but Jesus, this is easily the dumbest thing to have come out of this site, and Rinku posts philospohy here (lol altruism is like hitler but worse GET YOUR DEFINITIONS OUT OF MY THREAD lol ayn rand lol).

You're making a game about how people on this site, at one point, used a devil smiley face a lot at one point. It was never funny to begin with, and a game about FIGHTING SPAMERS GUYS LOL WE HATE OFF TOPIC POSTS AND USE OF ONE SMILEY will, unless somehow a pact with otherwlordly forces is made, be entertaining.
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant the coincidence was funny...

And you're entitled to your own oppinion.

PS: Flame devil IS Evil... :flamedevil:

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Machu
Righter, a person who rights wrongs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's okay to just say "I don't like this idea" rather than "I hate everything, and since this fits into the before-mentioned category, I therefore must hate it as well"

I like this idea, mainly because I like powerful metaphors and such. Be sure to put a powerful meaning behind each emoticon (the sad one is overly depressed, the Raspberry! stick-out-tongue smiley doesn't care about anything, etc.). It'd be really awesome for the plot to include something about how the emoticons are jealous of humanity for having multiple emotions, and other such stuff. I know this is meant to be a joke, but taking silly things seriously is funny as well.

Wow, I'm overflowing with ideas right now! If there are certain plot holes or anything you need help with, PM or something.
[*]Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing
Quinn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durandal: I know that there will be a few people that will think this idea is 'the dumest thing to ever come out of this site' but I think the majority of the comunity would enjoy fighting some evil emoticons.
and
Quote:
You're making a game about how people on this site, at one point, used a devil smiley face a lot at one point. It was never funny to begin with, and a game about FIGHTING SPAMERS GUYS LOL WE HATE OFF TOPIC POSTS AND USE OF ONE SMILEY will, unless somehow a pact with otherwlordly forces is made, be entertaining.

I didn't really understand any of that, sorry.

Machu:Thankyou for you sugestion, I will take it into consideration (i will probably use it). I may PM you later in the process of this game if I need some ideas.

LeRoy_Leo: I already PM'd you.

Game Progress:
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Machu's idea a lot. It's hard to scrape ideas like that one up. Good going, but back on topic. Now that Quinn's got some people helping him with ideas, this project could be light enough to take off now (powerful metaphores, eh?)... One last good luck. ( Happy guy- likes everything, and can't help but embarass himself sometimes.)

---msw188 ---
Durandal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinn wrote:
Durandal: I know that there will be a few people that will think this idea is 'the dumest thing to ever come out of this site' but I think the majority of the comunity would enjoy fighting some evil emoticons.

...I think you vastly underestimate the intelligence of the community.

Anyway, the entire thing, subconsciously, is an allegory for Christianity. You guys hate that, right?

Devil = Lucifer
Emoticons vs. humans = Lucifer's Rebellion
Emoticons jealous of multiple emoitons = Angels jealous of human choice
Distant realm = Hell
"SPAMER CULT" = Witches, Satantists, whatever history wants to call them
Emoticons breaking into human world = Armageddon

HOORAY FOR ORIGINALITY
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is like the worst comparison EVAR. The idea was to be a fast-made game for fun. Not some deep.. idea.
I mean you could call the Bush admin an allegory to FF6 or something and it'd be just as stupid.
Jazz_Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey... Durandel... I don't know who the hell you are (I have an idea, though).... but seriously, shut the hell up.

That's not how we handle things around here. If someone has an idea, and you don't like it, you either A) tell him you don't like it without being a raging fucktard about it, B) Tell him what you don't like and offer suggestions, or C) just shut the hell up and don't say a damn thing.

What we DON'T do is insult people (Unless they really ask for it, like you seem to be), claim things are the "dumest evar!1" (on a side note, learn to spell so we might somewhat respect your opinion), or try to start flame wars over things you don't like. "Anyway, the entire thing, subconsciously, is an allegory for Christianity. You guys hate that, right?"... hmm... seems to me like you're trying to start something. Isn't that worth a ban?

Man, it feels like I'm talking to a little kid... what's sad, is I feel I have to talk like this to get anything through to you, assclown.
Durandal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jazz_Man wrote:

That's not how we handle things around here. If someone has an idea, and you don't like it, you either A) tell him you don't like it without being a raging fucktard about it, B) Tell him what you don't like and offer suggestions, or C) just shut the hell up and don't say a damn thing.

How was I being a raging fucktard? I could have been much, much worse. I also like how you made my post out to be a post at GameFAQs, which, if you'll pull your head out of your ass and actually read my post, is not the case.

Making fun of Rinku doesn't count, because he deserves it.

Quote:
What we DON'T do is insult people (Unless they really ask for it, like you seem to be), claim things are the "dumest evar!1" (on a side note, learn to spell so we might somewhat respect your opinion)

Well, you've broken one of your own rules already, and what did I not spell right? The obviously not serious SPAMER CULT? I can't find any, and even then, they're probably typos, which AUTOMATICALLY INVALIDATE YOUR ARGUMENT FOR SERIOUS GUYS.

Also, again with the retarded AOLspeak that you seem to want to insert into my posts.

Quote:
or try to start flame wars over things you don't like. "Anyway, the entire thing, subconsciously, is an allegory for Christianity. You guys hate that, right?"... hmm... seems to me like you're trying to start something. Isn't that worth a ban?

Well, the community has stated an intense dislike for Christianity on several occasions. It was also the first thing that struck me when I read the thread. Also, you seem to be trying to start something. I'm stating my opinions. You're being an asshole about it.

Quote:
Durandel

What was that comment about spelling?

Finally:

Quote:
That is like the worst comparison EVAR. The idea was to be a fast-made game for fun. Not some deep.. idea.
I mean you could call the Bush admin an allegory to FF6 or something and it'd be just as stupid.

Go ahead. Provide as many examples (of an unfinished idea, too) as I did.
Jazz_Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa... you've managed to make even less sense...

Who said a damn thing about GameFAQs? I mean, seriously.

I apologize... I guess you didn't misspell much, and the few, I will agree are probably typos (As mine are, if any). I guess I was mislead by the overuse of the "retarded AOLspeak" to think you had real spelling errors, and not conscious efforts to appear as an incompetent dipshit.

"WHAT RETARDED AOLSPEAK??" you might say... check this out.

Quote:
(lol altruism is like hitler but worse GET YOUR DEFINITIONS OUT OF MY THREAD lol ayn rand lol).

lol 3 times in the same sentence and no punctuation? Tsk tsk, m'boy. You really DID make yourself look like an ass.

Oh, and SURE you probably weren't trying to start anything... is that why you specifically said, "You guys hate that, right?" almost as if you're asking if we'll be pissed about it, then went ahead, anyway. (Personally, I don't care either way about the Christianity thing) And, how was I trying to start a flame war? I'm simply attacking you. Only you. I'm not trying to bring other people into it (Like you tried with Rinku... twice... that has nothing to do with this thread). I'm telling YOU to calm the fuck down and stop being a whiny brat. "OH WAH I DON'T LIKE HIS IDEA I FEEL I MUST POST AND INSULT ANYONE AND EVERYONE!!!11" Grow up, baby.

As for misspelling your name, I can't be troubled to remember insignificant details such as how to spell some little kid's screen name on some message board I probably won't even notice in a year or less.

It seems to everyone here that you're trying to stir shit up. No one here stands for that, so you might as well just shut the hell up or get out.

(But hey, I can argue this all day. I deal with more idiotic fuckwits than you on an almost daily basis)

Nighty night, pumpkin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: