Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

A Proposal 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: A Proposal 2 Reply with quote

Ok, I fail to understand WHY THERE ARE SO MANY USERGROUPS WHEN NO ONE POSTS ON THEM.

Here are the usergroups I am in. If they have a * next to them, someone hasn't posted a semi-relevent post in four months or more.

*Anime Lovers
*Film
*Manga Lovers
Musicians (Setu is keeping it alive, just bairly though)
Neo-Geo (I think we have tournaments...but...not really)
*Old School
*#Paradoxlounge (we already HAVE a chat room, dang it. Why get a forum?!)
*Ragnarok Online (it centers around bRO, which all the OHRers quit and went to Bobby's OHRO, which has its own forums and community)
*Starcraft
*Writer's Block (we HAD a project going, but I think most people abandoned it).
*Artists (doen't even have a forum. What is the point of this?)

I was in FF11, and I hadn't seen a post in a LONG time. They might be posting more now, though.
I am pretty sure "Furries" is still somewhat active, at least that's what people tell me.

That leaves:
D&D
Netstorm
Programmers
Tutorial Alliance

Now, if you are in one of the ones I'm not and have noticed in-activity for a looooong time, please tell me.

I request that (like the gamelist) these usergroups be removed. They are nothing but bulk weight. IF someone wants to keep on, they can speak up here. If someone wants to make a new one, fine, but at least get rid of SOME of the inactive ones!

The dumbest part is that most people are either in none or ALL of the usergroups, and these are the people who post on the regular boards and IRC anyway, so they don't really NEED the usergroups to talk to other people.

CLEAN UP BULK WEIGHT. YAY.

Also, night job clearing upt he gamelist. it is SO nice now. Big grin
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furry forum does get posts in it, at least moreso that the Anime, Film, Manga, and Neo Geo forums do. Most of it seems to fall into one of three categories though:

1. Pre-release betas of game downloads and other stuff that's not even ready for the gamelist
2. Pron OMGWTFFENDRAWNOW PRON LOL BONGON :{{{{ MUNAK :}}}}
3. WTF FYRE WTF :|||

In all, there's actually some usefulness to it. (C'mon Eggie, post some stuff in there dammit)
Hunter Green
About to beat this double head with a pipe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do people care so much about the usergroups, exactly?
Righter, a person who rights wrongs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it's the lack of general discussion boards?

Well, Renzok... *squish* *thunk*
[*]Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Film has been posted in within the last two weeks.
Trust me, I joined only two weeks ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Minnek
Conjurer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted about the SC usergroup/forum subsection just recently, questioning those in it on whether they thought it would be a good idea to take the usergroup down and out until SC became popular again. Since I've only gotten one reply there, and I'm guessing Jazz doesn't come around often (just a guess, considering my absence, can't really say too accurately Raspberry!) so I think the Starcraft usergroup/forum is... unneeded. DELETE PLZ.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Machu
Righter, a person who rights wrongs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess that the Neo-Geo club isn't really neccesary. Neither MCW nor I have much dedication for what we promised, and the few things discusible can be done on AIM and IRC. The forum ain't much use now (though I liked the only tournament we had).
[*]Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing
Minnek
Conjurer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just kill off specific forums, and have a Tournaments usergroup? That way it compacts things down to one usergroup, one forum, but doesn't lose what (I would assume) is the most important part of each usergroup we have for gaming currently. As for the Writers usergroup, I'd like to see that one stick around, since it's nice to be able to post non-game related writing in and get critique on, and doesn't clutter up the main boards where there ought be game or game related detailings, considering the theme of the rest of the forums.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to give the CP composers stuff to do to keep that group active. Why do you desperately want all this stuff closed down anyway? Yeah, it might not be 100% active, but that would be like us shutting down the OHR Weekly board or the Game Design Discussion board when there still are people interested in posting there.
If IM or CN think that this excessive weight is causing problems, I'm sure they'll deal with it.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
junahu
Custom Title: 45 character limit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: A Proposal 2 Reply with quote

Shadowiii wrote:
Ok, I fail to understand WHY THERE ARE SO MANY USERGROUPS WHEN NO ONE POSTS ON THEM.

You can post on usergroups? Why the hell don't people explain these things to me?
WUT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: A Proposal 2 Reply with quote

junahu wrote:
You can post on usergroups? Why the hell don't people explain these things to me?

You have to join and be accepted into one though. Then posting in them is just as easy as spamming up the main boards.
junahu
Custom Title: 45 character limit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. That explains it then. My membership is just pending
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: