Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

A few Ideas I had...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corak of EVOS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: A few Ideas I had... Reply with quote

I'll get to the point.
Instead of just walking through the world map, I had an idea about making a type of navigation system. Earning a certain amount of (we will call them navigation points)..ermm navigation points
to proceed from one town to another. Maybe earning them through battles or something different. Then I thought that maybe that would become monotonous to have to earn these points every time you traveled across the world map. But what if we just made it to where you had to earn it only once to travel to a new town.

Also,
Instead of random battles on the world map I am trying to implement a battlemap type system. Mostly to mimic the game Fallout 2's world map
battles. Maybe have a random invisible npc running around and when activated give you a prompt to enter the battle field. There you could chose to engage the victims/enemies in a tactical way or just blitzing them. Each option of course would have an advantage or disadvantage given the situation.

Well, those are just a few ideas I was throwing around. I'm not as creative as some of you and would like your ideas or input.

And if anyone is sill interested I will be putting up new screenshots of my only game.
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I quite understand how exactly the first part would work, but as far as the Fallout-2-style map goes, I'd suggest not having an invisible npc run around. Just put a foemap down with however frequently you'd like an event, and use the Instead-of-Battle script. If you'd like the intervals between events to be uneven (like in Fallout and Fallout 2), boost the frequency of battles (so the script is called more often) and make it so the script can fail to do anything based on a random number.
Corak of EVOS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead-of-Battle script aye?

So many plotscripting commands...like..math. I'm just a simple pixel fondler. As soon as I can get a hold of my scripter we will experiment.
Thanks for the tip.
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit rusty, but this example may work:

Code:
include, plotscr.hsd

define script (1,Random Event,none)

script, Random Event, begin
variable(chance)
chance:=random(1,  A   )
if(chance == 1)
then(
# Code
)
end

The chance of an event being triggered is 1/A, and with this script as the 'instead-of-battle' script on the world map, it will only be triggered so many steps. #Code is clearly whatever you want to do.

Sorry if this doesn't work, haven't done this in a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: