Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Characters Count
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathan Karr
Zealot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1: Don't use my God's name as a swear word.
#2: Okay.
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah-ha! No Catholic would EVER call Jesus Christ his god. Rather, his lord and saviour. God is God, and Jesus is Jesus. Jesus was God's son. You sir, are either a liar or a bad catholic.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll use whatever words I fucking well please.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nathan Karr
Zealot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gizmog1 wrote:
Ah-ha! No Catholic would EVER call Jesus Christ his god. Rather, his lord and saviour. God is God, and Jesus is Jesus. Jesus was God's son. You sir, are either a liar or a bad catholic.

As much as I hate to disagree(I'm serious. I've done a lot of things I hate), Jesus is both God and God's Son. For he is one God, and three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Besides which, my interests state: #1: Jesus Christ, My Lord and Savior.

Uncommon: I'm just ignoring you.
Righter, a person who rights wrongs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignoring people doesn't make you right.
Unless you meant "I'll ignore your swearing", which is what you should do.
[*]Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing
Nathan Karr
Zealot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Machu wrote:
Ignoring people doesn't make you right.
Unless you meant "I'll ignore your swearing", which is what you should do.

Yes, realizing(finally) that I can do nothing to change you, I shall now ignore your swearing. Unless, you insult my God again. If so, I'll reply once, and leave it at that. I take insult against my God more seriously than me personally. Maybe you could start using my name as a swear word instead...
Righter, a person who rights wrongs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he can say "fuck" but not "OMG"?
[*]Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look back, I never insulted "your" god once. If I've insulted anything, it's your thoughtless method of worshipping him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I suggest we move this religious debate to at least it's own thread? There's no Philosophy and Theology forum, so perhaps Game Design would work just as well for the time being, but I think it should be in it's own thread, and all participants need to keep it civil.
Tsunamidog
banned...but not really.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is with all of these religous posts all of a sudden!? Every single topic I go to now has something about Catholics (if we're gonna talk about catholics; why not talk about something important, like the priest's and their dirty little hands...seriously) instead of just saying what our Lord is!? We need to keep religion out of OHR, cause they don't go well together.

just thought you'd all like to hear my opinion...

The Above Statement Is False
chris98

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Subject Reply with quote

Calehay wrote:
(I'm not sure how to use the quote thing) Shadowii, I had FF Anthology, but it was stolen (Actually, FF6 was stolen and ff5 was broken in a tragic moving accident.

This thread is already off topic, so I just want to say that my FF6 disk, which I bought as a seperate game, (my anthology is FFs 4+5) almost got nicked by my ex-friend Kieth Oats, to name and shame, and I got it back from my real friend David Pincott, as David borrowed the game off him, then gave it back to me! Hah on Kieth, we can be unscrupulous too. Razz
BTW I loaned it Keith he just moved before he gave it back.
The Drizzle
Who is the Drizzle?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Call me crazy, but I like the sterotypical characters. The ones who are always hung up on saving somebody and protecting their world from a disaster. Which pretty much is the basis around most video games I think. It's quite repititive, but it's good all the same.

I think archetypal is probably a better word than stereotypical. RPG characters often follow archetypes like the stoic hero, the brash thief, the kind healing girl, or the sympathy-less villain. Characters like this are not interesting unless they act differently than their stereotype. When the stoic hero shows some emotion unintentionally, that's when you get a view of his real character. When the brash thief is caught secretly giving his earnings to the local OHRRPGCE, it gives insight to his character. Stereotypes are boring. Characters that defy stereotypes are interesting.

Example: Cloud Strife having an emotional struggle when dealing with his past. This gives a lot of insight into who he is. Normally he was a quiet killing machine, but you see the human side of him when he deals with his past.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan Karr wrote:
Kyle Kij-whatever.

Seraph(He's a MAN I tell you!).

Judging from the context, and your other posts on the boards hinting at your game tastes, you meant Kyle KITATAIN and Seraph - who was intentionally ambiguous to appeal to the bishounen-lovers croud.
Rpeanut
Chop Chop

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.. just pointing this out but why did the more or less the whole conversation revolve around the FF series? I mean there are lots of other well done RPGs but the stereotype here is to talk about FF. Just pointing something out.
Nathan Karr
Zealot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan Karr wrote:
This seems to be the only thread that stayed dead after I revived it.

Oooooooooooops! I did it again Oookay... Oookay... Ha ha ha! !

Please ignore the flaming/trolling idiot.

At any rate, all my favorite characters are just one-dimentional stereotypes. Or else, 1d stereotypes with a few minor changes.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my favorite parts of RPGs are the cliches. Stuff like "Save the Princess," "You are the Hero of Destiny," "We were peaceful until *Villain X* appeared," and whatnot.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: