Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

The Sack Ninja of (OMG J00 STOLE THE NARUTO HEADBAND IDEA)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rpeanut
Chop Chop

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: The Sack Ninja of (OMG J00 STOLE THE NARUTO HEADBAND IDEA) Reply with quote

UPDATE THE DEAD ART FORUMS!!!

Particular poses from a short comic i drew that i like !!!!
uh i'm to lazy to convert the rest into jpg and post them on the internet somewhere.

but anyways...

MUAHAHAH THERE IN BMP FORMAT(EVIL BANDWIDTH STEALING BMP) - another product of my laziness. Oookay... [/img]

(Edit: ^&(*% stupid pic links dont work - just manually link
http://www.godetiaclarkia.com/mike/COMIC NINJA.bmp
http://www.godetiaclarkia.com/mike/COMIC NINJA2.bmp

Edit: (IM)
[img] tags do not work with .bmp images and see the following about spaces in filenames.
[url] tags don't work with links that have a space in them. Use %20 to replace spaces for links (i.e. COMIC NINJA.bmp => COMIC%20NINJA.bmp)
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first pose is cetainly the most dynamic. I also see some sort of shock wave, but a lot of it is cut off. I would crop a bit lower and fit the entire focus in the picture. As far as I can see, there is nothing in the background, so it's whitespace... Also, note that part of the Kunai knife is cut off. Try not to get pictures cropped this way. It leads the audiences' eye off the page, and you want them to keep it there.

The second pose has a very proportional, but I can't understand what's going on at all. A smoke bomb went off, or something. There is a lot of nice details in this one. I respect the effort you put into it.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rpeanut
Chop Chop

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, thanks,

the first one is small because at the time i was just drawing comic boxes the same size, and they were pretty small.
Also it's not supposed to be white space- its supposed to be action lines that direct the eye down to the guy first then moves off to the arm and knife.

The secound one - well- just wait till i post the whole thing- Especially not in bmp format though.

on another topic its good to see the forums still alive, even after being messed up and such.
Ssalamanderr
Simply too strong. Simply too beautiful!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the first one his legs are far too small. I understand he's squatting, but we should still be able to see more of the legs than we can. His left arm also looks a little odd, especially with the angle the hand is at.

The second one is better, but the clothing looks like it's really, really stiff (the pants leg just kind of flops around the foot. You could use some more shading too.

Overall they're not bad, but I'm not really a big fan of the character design either... then again, I can't do much better. Keep it up though. It might help to use a picture or even an action figure to get a good looking pose, and then add details onto that.

Ukelele no good!
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I forget to mention, there is a buggar above the Sack Ninja's head in the first pic? Big grin

I know what you mean, about the action lines. But they take up a bit too much of the image space, if you know what I mean. It's alright, though.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: