Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Release: OHRRPGCE 2006-02-15 Serendipity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireEmblemPride
75% Cotten.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think I found a bug that breaks just about every OHR game available at the moment... can you say "infinite MP for every character?"

For some reason, even after I am all out of MP, I can still use all of the spells.. and on that note, some spells just don't work altogether. Could this have to do with not using RPGfix? Seems pretty big to be an issue like that.
Do you think it is possible to unfinish a book? Like, if you read a book from beginning to end, you finish it, right? But if you read it from end to beginning afterward, is it UNFINISHED? Does the same apply to magazines?
Mike Caron
Technomancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, actually, now that I think about it, I recall someone else mentioning stuff like that. I'll have to investigate.

Final Fantasy Q
OHR Developer BLOG
Official OHRRPGCE Wiki and FAQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
FireEmblemPride
75% Cotten.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another thing... I was recently playing Ends of the Earth 2 when I got to the town that you would get Reyna in. After doing all of the events available, I decided that the best course of action was to buy some equipment.

Well...

500-something gold, 72 Legendary Axes, and 115 S-Water Elements. That was the cost for a new weapon.

Now, I know I have not played that game in a while, seeing as my fix of Sword of Jade was temporarily halted at that moment I played it... but I am preeeettty sure that I didn't need all of that stuff beforehand...

Any comments?
Do you think it is possible to unfinish a book? Like, if you read a book from beginning to end, you finish it, right? But if you read it from end to beginning afterward, is it UNFINISHED? Does the same apply to magazines?
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FireEmblemPride wrote:
And another thing... I was recently playing Ends of the Earth 2 when I got to the town that you would get Reyna in. After doing all of the events available, I decided that the best course of action was to buy some equipment.

Well...

500-something gold, 72 Legendary Axes, and 115 S-Water Elements. That was the cost for a new weapon.

Now, I know I have not played that game in a while, seeing as my fix of Sword of Jade was temporarily halted at that moment I played it... but I am preeeettty sure that I didn't need all of that stuff beforehand...

Any comments?

Posted in bugzilla. See bug 151
Battleblaze
Warrior Thread Monk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little add on that I'd love.That there'd be a shadow when you alter hero Z.

"Aeth calls PHC an anti-semite; PHC blames anti-semitism"
-squall
Lucier
that one girl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my gosssshhhh i know i'm really late on this & that i never post here anymore, but i HAVE to post for this. you guys are amazing, i'm so damned happy we finally have midis. this is seriously the best ohr update ever.
jabbercat
Composer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?!?!! Wow, When Lucy posts, you KNOW it's something good. Raspberry!

I've been very pleased with the midis too, it also makes faking sound effects possible too...but we've already got those I think. Raspberry!
fungo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the huge bug or some thing like it is on the loose again. The first time I started making an rpg, it froze and told me I was low on virtual memory. then I uninstalled another program, and twelve maptiles later, it does it again. Is there any other reason this would happen?
PlayerOne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fungo wrote:
I think the huge bug or some thing like it is on the loose again. The first time I started making an rpg, it froze and told me I was low on virtual memory. then I uninstalled another program, and twelve maptiles later, it does it again. Is there any other reason this would happen?

I don't know if you're using the nightly build or the official release, but there was a problem with floodfill in the FB version which would cause that when you fill an area with the colour it already is (quite easy to do accidentally if you're using the mouse). It is fixed now, but was broken in the last official release.

If it's another problem, then it hasn't happened to me yet so I haven't found it. Happy
Mike Caron
Technomancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fungo wrote:

Eh... uninstalling programs won't free up virtual memory.

Virtual memory (henceforth VM) is an extension of your regular memory. If you have a bunch of programs open, it can easily require 600 Megs of memory to give every program what they want.

Since, way back when the concept of VM was introduced (in Unix based systems, long long ago), large amounts of memory weren't common, they decided that they could "fake" it by using part of the hard drive like RAM.

The "Low on Virtual Memory" thing means that the VM is nearly full, the regular RAM is nearly full, and that windows is trying to make more room.

What version of Windows do you have? If you have 2000 or XP, you can right click on the task bar and choose "Task Manager" to open a program of that name up when you get the message. Then, click on "Processes", and find "game.exe" in the list. On the right, it should say how much memory it's using. If you could tell us that, it would be awesome.

Final Fantasy Q
OHR Developer BLOG
Official OHRRPGCE Wiki and FAQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Devi Ant
(Formicidae Devious)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does the Serendipity's editor's and game's colors and sounds gets messed up?
Activate point A by sliding slide B through points E and Z, so that the Joint TO touches the Vector 6, however avoiding an impact with vectors 34 and 5, which both are positioned at the edge of the said object near point R. Period.

Remember, Giz! You MIGHT get that candy, if you only behave well... Only.

My Art
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: more information Reply with quote

Devi Ant wrote:
Why does the Serendipity's editor's and game's colors and sounds gets messed up?

Please give us more information.

1) How is the color messed up?

2) How is the sound messed up?

3) If you press ALT+ENTER to change between windowed and full-screen, does it affect the colors?

4) Can you try the nightly builds from http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/archive/ohrrpgce-binary-win-nightly.zip ? I am particularly interested in which versions work normally and which versions are "messed up"
fungo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlayerOne wrote:

I don't know if you're using the nightly build or the official release, but there was a problem with floodfill in the FB version which would cause that when you fill an area with the colour it already is (quite easy to do accidentally if you're using the mouse). It is fixed now, but was broken in the last official release.

If it's another problem, then it hasn't happened to me yet so I haven't found it. Happy

that is whats happening. although whenever me or one of my friends downloads it, we get the "low on virtual memory problem.
Devi Ant
(Formicidae Devious)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: more information Reply with quote

James Paige wrote:
Devi Ant wrote:

Please give us more information.

1) How is the color messed up?

2) How is the sound messed up?

3) If you press ALT+ENTER to change between windowed and full-screen, does it affect the colors?

4) Can you try the nightly builds from http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/archive/ohrrpgce-binary-win-nightly.zip ? I am particularly interested in which versions work normally and which versions are "messed up"

Ok, so the color affections: Usually, when I leave the editor idle for about 5 minutes or more (don't know the actual time, but usually, when I go to take a piss or have a smoke or something like this), when I return, the colors are totally messed up. No problem with this, just press alt+enter and that's it. This usually happens in full screen mode. The version was not the nightly one, but the official release of serendipity+.

The sounds are messed up in things related, when a battle starts, like

1) After victory music and when returning to the game, the map music's instruments suddenly change, so that where usually can be heard a string instrument, it starts to play the string sections with timpani for example.

2) Sometimes the same thing happens, when entering to a battle and the battle music kind of "corrupts" same way like above.

These are the things. Hopefully you understand my technical language Raspberry!
If missed something, I can always fill the blind spots Raspberry!

-Devi Ant
Activate point A by sliding slide B through points E and Z, so that the Joint TO touches the Vector 6, however avoiding an impact with vectors 34 and 5, which both are positioned at the edge of the said object near point R. Period.

Remember, Giz! You MIGHT get that candy, if you only behave well... Only.

My Art
Obright
Vestigial Organist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha ha! Happy Ha ha ha! Happy Ha ha ha!
Great update! Although I've encountered 3 very minor problems so far.

1 - Running a windowed instance of GAME in fullscreen makes the image WAY bigger than my screen.

2 - The 'so & so has learned (spell/skill)' message is not being displayed.

3 - There are times when I get way more items than intended from a
battle. I think adrianx already mentioned that, and it's been fixed in a
nightly update...if it's the same thing.

The music sounds great...I never realised my songs could sound like that!
Thanks for all the toil and mental anguish (jeez, you guys need a vacation
...especially you, Mike. LOL!!!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: